Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Seltos SX T. Lunar Orange
34 Posts
Yes, you’ll see a wet clutch in higher hp/torque engines where extra cooling is needed. It also requires regular maintenance. VW also uses both depending on engine power.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The DCT is fantastic for a very large very expensive toy meant to be driven by someone who is either trained enough or rich enough. In order to deploy it to the masses they (Kia) need to modify it down until it's almost useless, just like they (Kia, etc.) did with the CVT's.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good point. My DCT feels very different than the ones I drove A few years back (vw and Audi) likely due to programming. In a good way for what the car is.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Traded in my wife's 2011 Ford Fiesta 6-speed duel clutch that failed every 25,000 miles for the Soul. The failure each time was slipping clutches and at some of the failures it disabled the car leaving her stranded. We had four rebuilds under warranty and the car had 127,000 miles on it at trade in time and was slipping badly. Dry clutch set up. Ford extended our warranty but at 125,000+ they wouldn't touch it.

I sincerely hope Kia did their homework with this duel clutch because Ford certainly didn't. My family has been a Ford family since Grandpa bought a Model T, sadly it's ending with me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I hope so too but I‘m not worried. Ford and early VW wet clutches have given this type of transmission a bad name. Hyundai had some issues in North America early on with the Tucson and eventually went away from it here while it continued in ROW. Seems they failed to inform buyers properly that it wasn’t a regular tc automatic. It’s still used in several Kia/Hyundai vehicles worldwide without major issues from my research. I’m very happy with mine so far and expect many years of service. As with anything time will tell.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts