Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Soul EX - Undercover Green
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I took my car to the dealership for an oil change today and the service tech notified me that my car had an open recall on the ECM and performed an update. Does anyone know anything about this and what settings in the ECU they might have changed?
IMG_20210529_162207.jpg

·
Registered
325 Posts
I believe that is the one that reprograms the ECM to change the way the engine cooling controls to improve cooling.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,695 Posts
So I took my car to the dealership for an oil change today and the service tech notified me that my car had an open recall on the ECM and performed an update. Does anyone know anything about this and what settings in the ECU they might have changed? View attachment 137047
That Service Action (not a recall) was discussed in a previous thread. A simple use of the Advanced Search function, located by clicking the 3 vertical dots in the upper right area, next to your avatar, can help everyone from reinventing the wheel.

ECM Update required on my '21 EX: Service Action SA463

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I got the update. It was a minor thing and did not affect the operation of my car.
I've been told, that if I either neglect to, or refuse to, get an update, and something happens to my car that the update could have prevented, my warranty could be null and void.

So, every time I go in for an oil change, I question my Service Writer as to whether my car needs any update. They keep a running record of everything that's done to my car, and all the updates it has received. Any new updates will also show up on their computer.

I fully intend to keep my car as Up To Date as possible. I do the same with my Home Computers, all ten of them.

Cheers mates,
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I know this won't make sense but I had a problem with fan speed increasing a lot at times by itself. It has not happened since this update.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,695 Posts
I know this won't make sense but I had a problem with fan speed increasing a lot at times by itself. It has not happened since this update.
That is weird but it's possible the update resets several parameters and that "out of range" fan may have been one of them. A good consequence of getting the update.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Anybody that's ever written a program for a Computer, knows ya don't get it 100% right the first time around.
I built the first ECC computer that Caterpillar ever put on a Diesel engine, and it took a panel of high paid programmers almost three months to get it programmed correctly, to make the Diesel engine perform the way it was supposed to.
So when KIA tells me to bring my car in for a little Software upgrade, I'm on my way! I know they'll get it right one day, hopefully before I die.
Cheers Mates!
FLH :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts