Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The darn keybob's alarm horn. Why did they have to make that button so easy to press? I swear this must be the 4th time the button has been pressed in my pants from my keys pushing into it. I have a Kia Soul 2015 !. I'm not sure if the keyfob has been changed in later models.

I think my neighbors hate me at this point. Thank God it hasn't happened late at night yet.....

I'm also wondering if the horn ever turns off by itself after being pushed. I don't want to find out myself. It's SO LOUD.:surprise:

·
Registered
2015 Base AT (1.6) Dirty Asphalt color ("titanium")
666 Posts
Does it to me, too. A rubber key cover didn't help. Usually when I set it off, it's midnight and parked under my neighbor's bedroom window :( I've stopped carrying the fob in my pants pocket. It's either that or superglue the button so it won't depress.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
a fairly rigid plastic sleeve, like an old bank card hold or similar - works for me. Or something like a small pill box or similar. I have the smart key FOB

Do a search this has come up a few times before and there have been different solutions to solve it.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Hilarious! It's never happened to me in six+ years. But so many Soul owners have complained about how wimpy the Soul horn is. I guess it's only Loud when you don't want to hear it. Eh? Isn't that the way that so many things work?

Happy Holidays!

:cool:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, I too have had this happen too many times. My solution was open it up and slice the membrane off just that part of the remote and put it back together. Couple of months now and it hasn't happened since.

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,656 Posts
Huh?

·
Registered
20 Posts

They should change the horn button to a slide button something you have to press in and slide for it to activate. It gets poked so easily in your pocket.
Looks like the owners of Soul's that have the push button start don't have to deal with that problem. Here's what their key fob looks like:

s-l400.jpg

I definitly see your point. What a piss poor design...

·
Registered
842 Posts
Looks like the owners of Soul's that have the push button start don't have to deal with that problem. Here's what their key fob looks like:

View attachment 118355

I have that fob and I have accidently activated the panic button dozens of times. Drives me nuts and it has never happened with any other vehicle

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,064 Posts

View attachment 118355

Wrong, it is the remote for the push button start that is the biggest culprit, I set mine off at least once or twice a day, just bending over with the bloody thing in my pocket is enough to set it off.

Pat.

·
Registered
631 Posts
The one thing I can't stand about the '13 KIA Soul Base is that my wife likes it so much, she hardly ever lets me drive it.

This is after we traded in her '99 Ford Contour with 186K miles and she said she would never find a car she liked as well. Wrong.

·
Registered
20 Posts
IDK... I have the keyfob with the round "open" button and I've set off the alarm several times in the 4 months I've had my Soul. (shrug) My wife tells me to just take the keys out of my pocket when I get home, but I just don't feel right without them. LOL. So I've got used to it. The alarm goes off, I turn it off. Whatever. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
And the key fob is ridiculously huge. my husband hates the whole car because the key won’t fit in his pocket. I’ve had cars with more functions on the fob (auto start, power left gate) that were significantly smaller.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've had a few Fobs over the years that have done that. Seems to be worse wearing Jeans. I was happy not to wire that in my Base 15$ setup. I have cut the membranes on a few. You can usually disable it by cutting out the square, but may disable it. If the membrane has a dimple in it, cut it out. It will still go off with a hard press, but not be so sensitive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The remote start fob is just as bad at unwanted alarm activation. Mine goes off all the time from change in my pocket or anything else that contacts the horn button. It's too sensitive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My keyfob with the switchblade key is so fragile (I've broken one already) that I just use a plain old key for the car. I ditched the factory keyfob and use my aftermarket remote start keyfob for opening and locking the doors along with the separate key. Aftermarket remote start fob is half the size anyway. Problem solved.

·
Registered
2015 Soul !
47 Posts
Same issue here with the fob on a 2015 Soul. I recently rented a late model ('18 I think) Kia Forte from Hertz and the fob was same as mine (same as pic above) and yes, I set off the panic button ! Surely they can be a better design.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts