Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends!
This soul is my third ever. It’s a 2015 Soul, and had 47xxx miles. It’s a great little car. But, I had a random issue that’s causing me some rather serious anxiety since. I went out to start and move it from the garage so the gentleman could work on the door opener. When I started, it of course idled high because it was very cold. But it was also a really, really rough idle. And once I put it in gear, the check engine light started flashing. I pulled straight out the door and turned it off immediately. The garage smelled so strongly of fuel, and still now about three weeks later the cab of the car does too. When I started it back to put it back in the garage, it was fine. We’ve started it to run every day since, and my husband drove it to work one day with no issues. I called Kia when it happened and she said without the light on, there was really nothing they could tell me. Now, of course, my mind is making all sort of ‘problems’ up. Is it a possibility that there was a fluke and maybe some bad gas? Or is it just a matter of time before something happens? Thank you, and have a good day!

·
Registered
527 Posts
More than likely what happened is that when it sat a while moisture got into the coil boots and it misfired on ignition so unburned fuel went through. Once it warmed up for a minute it burned off and problem is no longer there.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
More than likely what happened is that when it sat a while moisture got into the coil boots and it misfired on ignition so unburned fuel went through. Once it warmed up for a minute it burned off and problem is no longer there.
I will defer to you who I think has actual training and experience in these things, I don't.
But the car smells like gas 3 weeks later?
If it was mine I'd look under the hood very closely.
And underneath for leaks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts