Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,948 Posts
I don't think it's standard on any model to get 2 floors. The dual floor idea is that you have the freedom to slide the floor tray into either top or bottom slots, depending on your current needs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My first impulse was to cut a board to fit the space. I have the tools and I know I could make it look pretty good. But I had to ask myself if mine would function better than the one designed and proto-typed by talented engineers. To be honest I can't do as well . I found a reasonable price online and bought the Board Assy (8571K0000) and the Cargo Tray (K0F12AU000) I installed them as soon as they arrived today. They look great and the board assy is very sturdy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our S came with a thin carpeted cover over the spare. It’s fine.
However to make better use of the space I ordered the adjustable floor from the local dealer parts dept for $169 I think it was and installed that in the upper position giving a hidden area underneath it for stuff we carry but don’t use often and then just have the groceries etc above it. Was worth having.
Hello do you happen to have the part number? I can't find this anywhere!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just went to the dealership, if you have a 2020 base aka manual, you do not have the interior groves for the shelf to fit into. I bought it anyway, but I will have to make legs/support blocks. I looked at other trim levels they have the needed grooves over the inside fender humps. .. man they went cheap on the base.

·
Registered
18 Posts
New 2020 Kia Soul S owner here and trying to figure this out. I only have the standard cloth-ish cover over the spare, and nothing else. I obviously see the slot that's a few inches up in the back that I'm presuming there's something you can get that fits that. I've also seen pictures of souls with the cargo cover that is closer to level with the top of the back seat (but I don't see how that could even be attached on the S).

I may be a little slow reading through this thread - but would any of the things posted here help with that? Is there one tray that would slide into those lower slots?

Is one of the other items what you'd get if you wanted a higher level tray? Any advice/help you could share would be appreciated. I'd love to have another floor level in the trunk. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
New 2020 Kia Soul S owner here and trying to figure this out. I only have the standard cloth-ish cover over the spare, and nothing else. I obviously see the slot that's a few inches up in the back that I'm presuming there's something you can get that fits that. I've also seen pictures of souls with the cargo cover that is closer to level with the top of the back seat (but I don't see how that could even be attached on the S).

I may be a little slow reading through this thread - but would any of the things posted here help with that? Is there one tray that would slide into those lower slots?

Is one of the other items what you'd get if you wanted a higher level tray? Any advice/help you could share would be appreciated. I'd love to have another floor level in the trunk. Thanks!
Hey WaterOz, have you seen the setup for the Gen2 boot space? I'm thinking you'll end up trying to fashion something along those lines. Sadly I have not seen any commercially available solution.

A few members have crafted their own caddy trays. I wish someone had a big 3D printer we could borrow!

All the best.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just went to the dealership, if you have a 2020 base aka manual, you do not have the interior groves for the shelf to fit into. I bought it anyway, but I will have to make legs/support blocks. I looked at other trim levels they have the needed grooves over the inside fender humps. .. man they went cheap on the base.
You are absolutely correct. Only the rear grooves are present on the Base w/MT, the side panels are different and do not contain the grooves to support the luggage board. I believe the same is true if one tries to order the Kia cargo cover. Shame on Kia.

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Maybe check some salvage yards for those grooved panels.

Reactions: RP99

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yup, count me for another that finds it utterly ridiculous for KIA to not include this. I can understand it 'a little' if it was just on the cheapest base model with absolutely nothing in it, and then make it optional, but when I looked at the GT line (sans Turbo) and the X-Line models I did not expect these to be omitted. I purchased mine online along with the cargo tray from KIA and it just changes the usability of the cargo space immediately. I had a 2012 Soul that my 2020 X-Line replaced, as well as the 2013 Soul (they were both + models), and that cargo board is a must as far as I'm concerned. Idiotic to omit it and then idiotic to not have the dealer pounce on it to market it. But oh well, I have it covered (pun intended).

I got it here since the reviews of this dealer are good (on resellerratings.com) and I didn't want an issue with an eBay dealer or scheister discount dealer that doesn't care about how (or what) they ship; the price 'may' seem higher than others, but the shipping costs were way less and that balanced it out to be pretty much the same as any of the others:

BOARD ASSY-LUGGAGE CARGO Kia Part 85715K0000

Cargo Tray (High/Adj Floor) Kia Part K0F12AU000
Do you buy both of the products or just one of them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
One thing I miss ... that I had with the 2015 ... is the styrofoam tray and the cover for it. The new one does not come with either of these. I also checked with KIA dealerships and was told that, at this present-time, those items are not available for the LX. I'm hoping that, at some point, KIA will begin marketing these items for the LX. I'm not at all interested in the rubber tray that I see online. I want a solid tray that fits in the "grooves"/guides that are already there. If push comes to shove, I'll likely end up making my own.
One thing I miss ... that I had with the 2015 ... is the styrofoam tray and the cover for it. The new one does not come with either of these. I also checked with KIA dealerships and was told that, at this present-time, those items are not available for the LX. I'm hoping that, at some point, KIA will begin marketing these items for the LX. I'm not at all interested in the rubber tray that I see online. I want a solid tray that fits in the "grooves"/guides that are already there. If push comes to shove, I'll likely end up making my own.
They sell the one that goes in track on ebay

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm new to all this, but I really do need the storage in my new 2022 Soul as I'm a reseller. I saw the tray that can be used to make it flat with the back seats when they are down on a Canadian YouTube. That would be this, correct?

·
Registered
248 Posts
This is from another listing, but yes, it looks like that’s what you need to make it flat

• Love
Reactions: Song

·
Registered
2022 Soul LX Technology Package
2 Posts
I made a crude cover from thin plywood I had around the house this morning. I mainly wanted to hide the tools I always keep in the car. I used the spare tire cover as a rough template for the width and curvature at the rear and cut it with a jigsaw. I'll eventually get a cheap Walmart rug and cut it to fit the rear. I still need to tweak it a little, but it's not bad for the money.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wish I had my dad’s old tools still...I’d be making hinged and carpeted plywood versions of the dual height trays and selling them for way less than the price of what the dealers are asking for the OEM ones. It would be a stupid simple job.
I have all the tools, I'm getting old and want to sell them... what do you need as toos?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts