Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, it was $61 and change to me. One of the other places said all sales final. I ordered from Smithtown Kia in NY. They advertise having the lowest prices online. There were different shipping options, one a few cents cheaper than this that would arrive a little later.
Subtotal: $129.61​
Estimated Standard Shipping: $22.96​
Total: $152.57​

·
Registered
6 Posts
So, are they really selling Souls withOUT any floor cover in the cargo area? Looking at the trim levels online, it looks like there is no mention of a cargo cover until the EX level...dang. A friend just took delivery of an S that had the spare and surrounding area fully exposed...not even the vinyl floppy cover. Sales dude said that's correct. Dang
Not speaking of the rigid floor that adjusts to the higher or lower levels, just a cover for the spare area.

·
Registered
408 Posts
So, are they really selling Souls withOUT any floor cover in the cargo area? Looking at the trim levels online, it looks like there is no mention of a cargo cover until the EX level...dang. A friend just took delivery of an S that had the spare and surrounding area fully exposed...not even the vinyl floppy cover. Sales dude said that's correct. Dang
Not speaking of the rigid floor that adjusts to the higher or lower levels, just a cover for the spare area.
My 2020 LX came with a semi-rigid cover over the spare that covers the entire floor behind the rear seats. That cover can also be taken up and put in the higher position, but it's not strong enough for loading stuff even with the back seats in the folded down position. It was in the car when I bought it, and there's no mention of it on the window sticker, so I think it's standard equipment.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 2020 LX came with a semi-rigid cover over the spare that covers the entire floor behind the rear seats. That cover can also be taken up and put in the higher position, but it's not strong enough for loading stuff even with the back seats in the folded down position. It was in the car when I bought it, and there's no mention of it on the window sticker, so I think it's standard equipment.
That's how our LX came also. I started to make a plywood cover, then bought the rigid KIA one. Glad I did but really KIA:(

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's how our LX came also. I started to make a plywood cover, then bought the rigid KIA one. Glad I did but really KIA:(
It sounds like the LX would have the cover, but not the S and GT? That doesn't make sense to me. They should have included something basic and then offered an optional upgrade. Seems like they wanted to cut corners like crazy in the cargo area(including NO privacy roller screen option).
I guess my friend will end up plopping down another $250 to make the cargo area more useful(although I could take a swing at making a rigid floor as some have mentioned) . Would be great to have a template for the outline ;)

·
Registered
408 Posts
It sounds like the LX would have the cover, but not the S and GT? That doesn't make sense to me. They should have included something basic and then offered an optional upgrade. Seems like they wanted to cut corners like crazy in the cargo area(including NO privacy roller screen option).
I guess my friend will end up plopping down another $250 to make the cargo area more useful(although I could take a swing at making a rigid floor as some have mentioned) . Would be great to have a template for the outline ;)
I don't know. Maybe the rear cargo area is somehow different on the S, EX and GT. I do know that I'd like to have a sturdy version of what is in there for times when I need to fold the seats down. the upper rail where that cover will fit lines up pretty well with the folded seats. I may make a piece that fits there, but that doesn't cover the entire floor area. It would be easy to make. Then, i could just leave the cover over the spare and use the second thing when I needed to load something in with the folded seats. It could lie on the floor until it was needed and wouldn't take up much space. I'll have to think on that a bit.

Besides, since I have a pickup now, I probably won't need it anyhow.

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
you should post a photo of that cover so the others have a better idea. I can't do it as all our Canadian models have the dual-level cargo floor standard.

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
okay did some searching and found this photo of the standard cargo area floor cover for the US 2020 Soul LX, S, X-Line, GT-Line 2.0L.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Our S came with a thin carpeted cover over the spare. It’s fine.
However to make better use of the space I ordered the adjustable floor from the local dealer parts dept for $169 I think it was and installed that in the upper position giving a hidden area underneath it for stuff we carry but don’t use often and then just have the groceries etc above it. Was worth having.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts