Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know there is the "IDriveOnline.com" web site but when I go there for the Kia page, it sends me back to the "Kia.com" page and tells me to go to the Owners tab there and sign up. Where is everyone keeping there online records for their Soul? the IDriveOnline site or right on the Kia site?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
So I know there is the "IDriveOnline.com" web site but when I go there for the Kia page, it sends me back to the "Kia.com" page and tells me to go to the Owners tab there and sign up. Where is everyone keeping there online records for their Soul? the IDriveOnline site or right on the Kia site?
When I got my first oil change at my dealership, I received a postcard shortly after in the mail telling me to go log into the site using my VIN.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
My answer to the question is another question. (don't ya jus hate that?)

Why on earth do you want to keep your Kia records in a cloud somewhere?
That's totally counter to everything I've learned in my 30+ years as a computer tech.

Set up your own Excel spreadsheet to keep all your mileage and maintenance records.
And if you don't know how to set up a spreadsheet, there is one on the internet, already set up for you.

Take a look, Here: Gas Mileage Calculator and Mileage Log for Excel
I think it's a bit newer than the one I downloaded about four years ago.

I post everything I do to my car, from gas fill-ups to dealer service, to my spreadsheet and I can quickly print it out if I need to show it to my dealer, for any reason.
I have it well backed up along with all my data files, to two external USB 3.0 drives.

Just a suggestion.......

TM :cool:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My answer to the question is another question. (don't ya jus hate that?)

Why on earth do you want to keep your Kia records in a cloud somewhere?
That's totally counter to everything I've learned in my 30+ years as a computer tech.

Set up your own Excel spreadsheet to keep all your mileage and maintenance records.
And if you don't know how to set up a spreadsheet, there is one on the internet, already set up for you.

Take a look, Here: Gas Mileage Calculator and Mileage Log for Excel
I think it's a bit newer than the one I downloaded about four years ago.

I post everything I do to my car, from gas fill-ups to dealer service, to my spreadsheet and I can quickly print it out if I need to show it to my dealer, for any reason.
I have it well backed up along with all my data files, to two external USB 3.0 drives.

Just a suggestion.......

TM :cool:
First off Techno, I wanted to tell you that I love your responses to all the things in this forum. You give it to people like it is and I love hearing what you have to say for different topics. :goodpost

Second, I agree, I don't need an online cloud service to tell me about my car. I am not one to keep a spread sheet but keeping good track of receipts every time I go to get service is adequate enough I think. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Sooo no one answered the question? lol
When I got my first oil change at my dealership, I received a postcard shortly after in the mail telling me to go log into the site using my VIN.
Sorry, it's I Drive Online that was the service that the postcard was for.
The link is https://www.idriveonline.com/kia/

If you do use your dealership for your servicing, it's nice to have it all certified. When you go to sell your car, you can prove you did a good job of taking care of it.

Here is what it looks like,
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12569226/Soul/idriveonline.png

The entry on 11/15/12 was when I filed for the gas rebate. So it even keeps track of that for you.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well just a heads up to everyone on here that uses the IDriveOnline site, the Kia portal to the site no longer lets you sign up and it says this:

"If you're an existing user of idriveonline.com, and have added any additional services for your vehicle, please log in now on the left sidebar of this page. Please print any additional services for your records, as you will not be able to log in to this site after 04/30/2013."

So make sure you get everything off there by the end of the month!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Well just a heads up to everyone on here that uses the IDriveOnline site, the Kia portal to the site no longer lets you sign up and it says this:

"If you're an existing user of idriveonline.com, and have added any additional services for your vehicle, please log in now on the left sidebar of this page. Please print any additional services for your records, as you will not be able to log in to this site after 04/30/2013."

So make sure you get everything off there by the end of the month!
Thanks for the heads up! I take it that all the dealer done services will be migrated to whatever they are going to.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just looked into the www.kia.com/us/owners and it has my vehicle with it's VIN, but none of my service history. It even has my estimated mileage.
Yeah, that is the same thing I signed up for as well. I never used the IDriveOnline web site but it seems like the IDrive web site has more useful features that the Kia web site does.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just more info online for me. I don't need it.
I use a check register and a pen. All of my records right at hand.
And it fits in the little cubby on top of the dash.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts