Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone-

Does anyone know what percentage our windows are rear windows are tinted?? I am wanting to get the two front windows tinted to match the factory done windows.

I talked with a local tinting business, and was told I could get the two front windows tinted to 15%, and they would match the other windows perfectly. Does anyone know what the tinting laws are in Oklahoma, and if 15% would be ok (legally speaking)?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
456 Posts
The back factory privacy tint is around 20-22% I did mine with 20% and it matches perfectly.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I will say this about window tint:

It gives the cops yet another reason to pull you over -- and if they can't clearly see you, they are liable to have guns drawn for a minor traffic infraction.

And eventually the state will require the tint be checked when they do the annual vehicle inspection, so it's best to go with the legal stuff to begin with.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I don't know Oklahoma law, but I do concur with Sinabu. I also got my front windows tinted 20% and it matches the rear about perfectly. I got 3M brand tint (supposedly the best).

I will say that while the tints look the same from the outside of the car, my front windows are more difficult to see out of at night time. Not sure if maybe the rear windows don't use film and are therefore a bit clearer? It isn't a huge deal, but sometimes I wish I went with the 35% for the front for better nighttime visibility. In any future car, I'd definitely go with 35%.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts