Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the oil pan drain plug socket size is for the 2012 + ? I changed my oil today and didn't have a socket that fit and had to use an adjustable wrench. I'd obviously rather use a socket to minimize wear on that plug...

FWIW, changing out the oil in the Soul was a piece of cake. The oil filter is very easy to access and I had the job done in less than 15 minutes with the car on ramps.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
It can be easily done as long as the mechanic doesn't tighten the drain with an impact gun, and over tighten the filter. The last time I tried they had done just that. The filter took at least 15 min. to loosen, then I couldn't budge the drain plug no matter what I tried! I ended up waiting for the next service to get it changed. I asked that they not do the tightening with an impact gun they said that they would never do that! I know they over tightened it I don`t know how. Did you put Synthetic oil in your Soul

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's a lot faster for a mechanic to use an air tool so if it wasn't an impact gun it could have been an air ratchet they used on your drain plug. If an oilfilter is put on "dry" it will be harder to take off.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w-20 and a Fram TG9688 filter.

Autozone had a sale on 5 quarts of Mobile 1 with a Bosch filter for $29.99. They had no cross-reference numbers for a Bosch filter to fit my car so they let me use the Fram in its place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts