Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Soul LX Manual Transmission
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was checking my oil level and removed the "beauty cover" so i can wipe the oil drips... then I noticed there is some oil seeping on the left side (driver side) on the engine...

I also notice my radiator coolant is on the LOW side...

Should I be concerned ?

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design

·
Registered
320 Posts
Use some brake clean and clean off the oil stain and monitor it. If it comes back bring it to the dealer.

I’m not sure what that sensor is that’s plugged in there, but it looks like it’s seeping from that. Is the bolt a little loose on the sensor?

The coolant reservoir will fluctuate. I wouldn’t worry about it right now. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t get lower.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Coil Auto part Vehicle

·
Registered
725 Posts
Add some de-ionized water to the radiator overflow tank. Monitor for leaks which should be easy depending on where you park.

Reactions: GeoSoul

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul ! 2.0gdi
265 Posts
Yeah, there is definitely very minor seepage around the cam sensor, likely just a replaceable o-ring, although at this point it doesn't look serious enough to easily worry about.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul GT-Line
5 Posts
I’ll be watching this as my 2020 is currently in the dealer with what they said was a leaky oil pan gasket, but now two days later they “found other issues that need to be fixed”

·
Registered
2021 Soul GT-Line
24 Posts
those will never make a drop...all cars have some of the same...little weep....no gasket is perfect....your fine...if you see drop on the ground I would check those areas first...you good

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Harley shops have been using #3 Permatex as engine gaskets, since......well, as long as it's been available.
If I had a leak someplace, and my dealer refused to fix it, I'd surely fix it myself.
I'd either use High Temp RTV (Red) or Permatex. After application, let it set over night before firing up the engine.

Good Luck!
:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts