Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
In a few minute, Kia tech line rejected my request. They asked evidences but they only consider a good maintenance if and only if I had services at Kia dealerships. They simply don’t count self-maintenance without knowing the knowledge and car maintenance practices I have done.
Unfortunately, you found out the hard way. I hope you didn't do the free***knock sensor software update. It will put your car in limp mode. I've never heard KIA or any car manufacturers honor their warranty without a lawyer present and a civil action.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,723 Posts
In a few minute, Kia tech line rejected my request. They asked evidences but they only consider a good maintenance if and only if I had services at Kia dealerships. They simply don’t count self-maintenance without knowing the knowledge and car maintenance practices I have done.
How did you document your oil changes? I keep receipts for the oil & filter, plus photograph the odometer & oil/filter containers.

·
Registered
473 Posts
How did you document your oil changes? I keep receipts for the oil & filter, plus photograph the odometer & oil/filter containers.
:unsure: Yes, but? If, Kia won't accept our documented oil change as legally binding, what to do? o_O Where is it written that it's forbidden to do your own in house (garage) oil change?:cautious:

·
Registered
8,723 Posts
:unsure: Yes, but? If, Kia won't accept our documented oil change as legally binding, what to do? o_O Where is it written that it's forbidden to do your own in house (garage) oil change?:cautious:
It's not forbidden. You won't find any documentation that says you have to use KIA service to retain KIA's Limited Warranty coverage.

Lets be careful of fake policies being tossed around regarding warranties. Kia's legal statement from their Aug 13, 2020 Oil "Reminder" letter mailed to all owners states:

You should retain documents that show proper maintenance using the correct oil and filter have been performed. This will establish compliance with your obligations in the event an engine failure is determined to exist as the result of a lack of maintenance as indicated by the condition of the engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd love to know why the 2011 Soul isn't part of this lawsuit. I've been replacing oil like crazy on mine for a number of years now. Last week I checked the oil and nothing was on the dipstick, after just filling it the previous month. I am not a high mileage driver, but do use the car every day. As an aside, I'm curious why no light ever registers on the dashboard that the oil is low! The mechanic has looked numerous times and found no leaks which makes me wonder if it is just burning too much oil. I love my Soul which had 13 miles on it new and now has 169000 miles, but this oil issue is maddening.
Contact the law firm and have them add it

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know right? Doesn't it seem like an industry as big as this could design a superior, durable piston & ring product that functions nearly flawlessly?

They have so many engineers & scientists, but then again it's the same industry that gave us the Pinto & Gremlin.
As long as it meets the minimum standards and it’s cheaper than a quality component then we have this.

·
Registered
8,723 Posts
As long as it meets the minimum standards and it’s cheaper than a quality component then we have this.
I hate to say it but you're absolutely right. And it's a component that most car buyers don't think or care about until it fails.

There's quality by design and then there's "good enough."

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
It's not forbidden. You won't find any documentation that says you have to use KIA service to retain KIA's Limited Warranty coverage.

Lets be careful of fake policies being tossed around regarding warranties. Kia's legal statement from their Aug 13, 2020 Oil "Reminder" letter mailed to all owners states:

You should retain documents that show proper maintenance using the correct oil and filter have been performed. This will establish compliance with your obligations in the event an engine failure is determined to exist as the result of a lack of maintenance as indicated by the condition of the engine.
Interesting how this information has been repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated on this forum.

Carry on.

·
Registered
8,723 Posts
Interesting how this information has repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated on this forum.

Carry on.
Didn't someone famous once say that those who don't learn from advanced search history are bound to repeat it? :)

• Haha
Reactions: westslope

·
Registered
2019 Kia Soul+ 2.0l automatic in Clear White
177 Posts
Interesting how this information has been repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated on this forum.
Lawyer legal aids or clients trying to get more people to sign up is my guess.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Lawyer legal aids or clients trying to get more people to sign up is my guess.
I've noticed on several sites, along with Facebook that people are desperate to find information to contact a lawyer. When Kia is declining warrenty work, due to lack of oil change records, Bull **** of oil sludge, out of warranty, dragging their feet putting them off for months, no loaner while it's being repaired. It seems to have become a game with them, while people struggle to find transportation. I hope I'll never be one of them! Though I did try several times to look up something for them and couldn't find anything. Would be great if the administrator could group this under one title like LAWSUITS!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hope this helps, good luck.

The Hyundai oil consumption lawsuit was filed by these plaintiffs:

• Davy Cho / California / 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe
  • Bryan Rothmaler / Illinois / 2017 Hyundai Tucson Sport
  • Beth Makie / Massachusetts / 2016 Kia Sorento
  • Anna Chmura / Wisconsin / 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
  • Anthony Banderas / Nevada / 2020 Hyundai Kona
  • Michelle Smith / Florida / 2016 Hyundai Sonata
  • Catherine Little / Texas / 2017 Hyundai Sonata
  • Luticia and Thomas Thompson / Kentucky / 2016 Kia Sorento

·
Registered
630 Posts
I was involved in an automotive class action back in the late 1970s with GM and their 3-speed automatic transmission. I had to have my transmission rebuilt 2x on my dime. What did inget out of it a $50 voucher for service. It cost me a total of $700 get the repairs done. Who got the money? I found out later the lawyers and their expert witness fees got 60% of the total settlement.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Exactly, the only one who gets a significant amount of money from these lawsuits is the ambulance chasers. When I had my focus, I received a notice about a class action lawsuit .I opted out of it. You would be wise to do the same. People get these notices and all they see is $ signs. File for a lemon law claim if you have repeated problems.

·
Registered
8,723 Posts
Exactly, the only one who gets a significant amount of money from these lawsuits is the ambulance chasers. When I had my focus, I received a notice about a class action lawsuit .I opted out of it. You would be wise to do the same. People get these notices and all they see is $ signs. File for a lemon law claim if you have repeated problems.
I agree Hammer, their business model is "profiting off other peoples pain." Class Action is a double edged knife, quite often left in the victims backside. When you read the fine print, the law firm is the biggest winner.

Reactions: Staetik and rhysoul

·
Registered
177 Posts
A legal aid works for attorneys. The more people in a class action the more money. People get paid to make bogus reviews on Amazon. Not a huge leap to make a forum post. Any more ???'s

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay I have to comment on this. I bought a used 2014 Kia soul+ from a used car lot April 22, 2021 there was recalls I had no idea was on the car they did not tell me that there was recalls on it. The car sounded terrible after having it for a day. It was making the worst knocking sound I've ever heard in a car. So I took it to the local Kia dealer and they called me to tell me that they had to put me in a rental car because my car could not be driven it needed a new motor. Of course I'm freaking out thinking oh my God this is going to cost me a fortune my insurance doesn't have rental coverage. Well I will tell you this they went above and beyond not only did I get a rental car paid for by Kia for 3 months. I also got a brand new motor in my car and I did not have to pay a dime. It took them 3 months because the first replacement engine they sent was worse than the one that they took out of my car. So they had to send a new one. My odometer reads 163,231 miles my actual mileage is 24,000 miles. I know that's a lot in a year. But I basically live in my car for work LOL. Anyway I hope that whoever did not get the privilege of having the luck that I did with getting my engine replaced for that problem I hope that they are able to get reimbursed or some kind of Justice for their issues

·
Registered
2014 White Exclaim Tallahassee, FL
795 Posts
Okay I have to comment on this. I bought a used 2014 Kia soul+ from a used car lot April 22, 2021 there was recalls I had no idea was on the car they did not tell me that there was recalls on it. The car sounded terrible after having it for a day. It was making the worst knocking sound I've ever heard in a car. So I took it to the local Kia dealer and they called me to tell me that they had to put me in a rental car because my car could not be driven it needed a new motor. Of course I'm freaking out thinking oh my God this is going to cost me a fortune my insurance doesn't have rental coverage. Well I will tell you this they went above and beyond not only did I get a rental car paid for by Kia for 3 months. I also got a brand new motor in my car and I did not have to pay a dime. It took them 3 months because the first replacement engine they sent was worse than the one that they took out of my car. So they had to send a new one. My odometer reads 163,231 miles my actual mileage is 24,000 miles. I know that's a lot in a year. But I basically live in my car for work LOL. Anyway I hope that whoever did not get the privilege of having the luck that I did with getting my engine replaced for that problem I hope that they are able to get reimbursed or some kind of Justice for their issues
Welcome to the forums. Kudos to your local Kia dealership for doing you a HUGE solid as you were the 2nd owner. Hoping for many happy and trouble-free miles with this engine!

Reactions: jlgailey76

·
Registered
8,723 Posts
That's great news jl. So if I'm doing the math right, did the Soul have about 139,000 miles when you bought it? If so, that's even more amazing as it's over the 100,000 mile powertrain limit. Good job and congratulations on having all of this work out so well!

61 - 80 of 83 Posts