Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,167 Posts
You mean a 1956 Chevy and a 2016 Kia don't have the same maintenance requirements?
I can't believe it!
I find it puzzling too, if it was good enough in '56 it should still be appropriate 60 years later.

I've already missed a couple of oil changes and a couple of chassis lubrication's and a complete inspection by the dealer and won't be long for a tune-up - I guess I've blown my warranty now (now that's something I should check on - what sort of warranty did you get with a '56 Chev mmm!)

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Conwel Said: "what sort of warranty did you get with a '56 Chev mmm!)"

A million miles...a million miles (name it and claim it?)

·
Registered
15,167 Posts
warranty for a '57 Pontiac

I picked this vehicle as my Dad used to own one, and this is what it said:

"The Manufacturer warrants each new motor vehicle, including all equipment or accessories except tires supplied by the Manufacturer, chassis or part manufactured by it to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service, it's obligation under this warranty being limited to making good at its factory any part or parts thereof which shall, within ninety (90) days after delivery of such vehicle to the original purchaser or before such vehicle has been driven 4000 miles, whichever event shall first occur, be returned to it with transportation charges prepaid and which its examination shall disclose to its satisfaction to have been thus defective; this warranty being expressly in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied, and all other obligations or liabilities on its part, and it neither assumes nor authorizes any other person to assume for it any other liability in connection with the sale of its vehicles.

This warranty shall not apply to any vehicle which shall have been repaired or altered outside of an authorized Pontiac Service Station in any way so as in the judgement of the Manufacturer to affect its stability and reliability, nor which has been subject to misuse, negligence or accident.

When you bought the car you received an Owner Service Policy which is filled out by the dealer upon delivery and attached to that was a coupon which:

"entitles you to an inspection and certain other services on your car at the end of 2,000 miles, provided the coupon is presented within 2500 miles of car operation. This inspection is to make any changes or corrections which may become necessary during the break-in period. These service will be performed for you without charge (except for chassis lubrication, engine oil and other lubricants) by the dealer from whom you purchased your car. (In case you are touring or have changed your residence, any authorized Pontiac dealer in the United States or Canada will perform this inspection upon presentation of the Owner Service Policy and Coupon) By making an appointment ahead of time, you can avoid rush periods and get the inspection the day you want it.

Pontiac dealers everywhere stand ready to provide you with the best possible service at all times. It is their responsibility to assure your continued satisfaction with your car. But you, too, have a responsibility as an owner - the responsibility of giving your Pontiac the reasonable care and attention which it deserves."

.........and people who moan about their current warranty should read this :sneakiness:

·
Registered
15,167 Posts
old thread, but the title is appropriate - this is for anyone that uses Walmart in Canada for an oil change

June 1, 2020

·
Registered
607 Posts
@conwelpic Yes, that is interesting news. Never used the service but have actually bought auto stuff from Walmart when I could not find the items elsewhere.

I wonder if this is a purely internal issue or if the pandemic played a role in this decision.

The Mr. Lube concessions in the Walmart stores will continue to operate.

A bunch of years ago in two consecutive visits to Mr. Lube, Mr. Lube employees managed to overfill the new motor oil both times. The first time, I drained the excess oil; the second time, I got into an argument and with effort managed to convince the employees to drain the excess oil.

It is indeed hard to read the oil gauge under fluorescent lights but still.....

For newbies who have never changed oil in their life, I would advise the oil be changed at either the dealership or a private mechanic with a solid reputation who you know well and trust.

Otherwise be very wary of quick oil change places and check the oil level as soon as you drive out of the bay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My wife and I both have KIA Souls and our deals included free oil changes for the lifetime of the car. However, I think this dealership is telling us to go 5,000 between oil changes. Do you think I should actually pay for one to be done in between his "free" ones?? I would feel much more comfortable at 3,000 . . unless of course that simply isn't necessary.
I jumped on here because of this 5,000 mile issue. I'm an UberLyft driver, among other things, so severe (i. e, 3,250) sounds like the way to go for me. I don't mention that when I get the oil changed at the dealership (it's a 2012 I bought used, I've been going to the dealership due to recalls) I haven't discussed severel versus normal with them. The sticker on the windshield indicates next service. . .5,000 down the road. Neither the recommended interval for severe OR normal service from the manufacturer. I'm thinking the dealership guys are pulling this number from ends of their lower intestines. Thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
@conwelpic Yes, that is interesting news. Never used the service but have actually bought auto stuff from Walmart when I could not find the items elsewhere.

I wonder if this is a purely internal issue or if the pandemic played a role in this decision.

The Mr. Lube concessions in the Walmart stores will continue to operate.

A bunch of years ago in two consecutive visits to Mr. Lube, Mr. Lube employees managed to overfill the new motor oil both times. The first time, I drained the excess oil; the second time, I got into an argument and with effort managed to convince the employees to drain the excess oil.

It is indeed hard to read the oil gauge under fluorescent lights but still.....

For newbies who have never changed oil in their life, I would advise the oil be changed at either the dealership or a private mechanic with a solid reputation who you know well and trust.

Otherwise be very wary of quick oil change places and check the oil level as soon as you drive out of the bay.
I've had many oil changes done by dealerships in my former 2009 Pontiac Vibe, and my current 2012 Soul. They have always been above the mark from both places!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts