Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a question. I ordered an oil catch can (Mishimoto). I noticed on my 2014 2.0L that the PCV is attached to the valve cover on the front which goes right into the intake. But if you look, there is also a breather hose coming off the rear of the valve cover going directly to the air cleaner. To do this install right, shouldn't you "T" in the rear breather line with the pcv line that goes to the inlet of the oil catch can? Also, cap off the inlet on the air cleaner where the breather attached?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just learned of the issue that this mod fixes on these cars after having the engine fail in our '16 Soul. I will def be looking into installing a catch can on the new engine if we keep the car.

·
Registered
456 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Let us know when you post the video; I think I'd like to install one on my '14 2.0 as well.
Will do. The video is of me talking through the install steps and parts I used with the catch can already installed. Just wanted to give you a heads up so you know what to expect and not be potentially disappointed that it's not an official how-to install video that shows each step 🙂.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Video has been posted:

And I also added a new thread in the How To / DIY section of the forum:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I haven't checked mine yet, almost 1000 miles though. The vent line had some oil on it when I did the install, so I know there is some blowby. Didn't look like a huge amount but I need to check and see how much is in the can and then check my oil level. I'm on the 3000 to 4000 mile change period which is basically twice a year.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts