Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Is that a PCV hose too? Mine has a little connector on the valve cover, similar but different to the PCV in this mod (on the front side of the cover).

Think I'm going to use VHT Epoxy paint from a spray can, reviews say it is wonderful and I can pick it up locally.

Attached the basics of my mount, really rough but will be functional once I'm done.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wait until you see the "bracket" kludge for my fuse/relay box, but it will do what I need to drive the extra lights and maybe extra horn. And again, no drilling. That will probably be a thread, haven't decided how I want to represent this other project.

The nearby Autozone stores were out of the 15/32 hose, probably going to order it with a few other things I need for the electrical project.

·
Registered
2014 White Exclaim Tallahassee, FL
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
LMK if you need me to get the 15/32 hose for ya...could probaby ship for pretty cheap. Or you could just use additional 3/8 hose from the "Outlet" and connect to the stock hose via a brass or plastic 3/8 male to male connector. I wanted a cleaner install so opted for the 15/32 hose. 1/2 should also work, but my Autozone only had that size as a heater hose.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I routed my hoses a little differently. The larger hose went between grille and hood latch, and between grille and radiator hose. This gave a good bend when it turns to connect. A few cable ties holds it firmly in place. I have a picture but need to pull it off my phone.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I routed my hoses a little differently. The larger hose went between grille and hood latch, and between grille and radiator hose. This gave a good bend when it turns to connect. A few cable ties holds it firmly in place. I have a picture but need to pull it off my phone.
Cool...looking fwd to it!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I have a 2019 Soul !, will it be much different adding a catch can to my turbo 1.6L engine?
Not much different...same principle, but your PCV valve and intake manifold connections are in different places than what's show in this thread. I believe there was a member who posted pics of his OCC setup for a 1.6L Turbo in this thread:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not much different...same principle, but your PCV valve and intake manifold connections are in different places than what's show in this thread. I believe there was a member who posted pics of his OCC setup for a 1.6L Turbo in this thread:

Thank you!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Don't you need a specific type of catch can for a turbo? I've seen them for sale but not sure what is different inside (if anything). Something about the manifold being pressurized.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Providing an update: I've driven approximately 1,750 miles in two months since the install of my OCC. I've checked it three times unnecessarily, but out of curiosity. Definitely still collecting fluid and I've been emptying the OCC in a mason jar.

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
902 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Emptied out the OCC today. Mason jar shows all of the liquid collected between oil changes (almost 6 mos and about 3800 miles).

·
Registered
902 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Just between oil changes (not lifetime).
I don't see water separation, that's good. What kind of driving during this change?

21 - 40 of 69 Posts