Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
it must be very hard for automotive manufacturers to keep up with all the changes in phones, it always seems another new one or upgrade is coming out nearly every week, at least the USB flash drive is constant and will always function without any hassle - keep it simple :eagerness:

·
Registered
33 Posts
it must be very hard for automotive manufacturers to keep up with all the changes in phones, it always seems another new one or upgrade is coming out nearly every week, at least the USB flash drive is constant and will always function without any hassle - keep it simple :eagerness:
If Kia is advertising this still though, then they need to fix it!

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
If the new system is Android based does there exist and API where developers could add integration to their apps?
You would have to hack into it to be able to load any apps. There is no accessible API that I am aware of. There have been rumors that some folks have flashed the Android but there is no information on that on this site. As far as we know the answer is that the user cannot modify the system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As much as I have rooted and flashed custom firmware on other Android devices I would be pretty scared to do such a thing to my car, especially without a factory image to restore. I was not looking to load apps locally to the car but have better integration with apps on phone, especially notification handling. Something along the lines of what Ford is doing https://developer.ford.com/

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
As much as I have rooted and flashed custom firmware on other Android devices I would be pretty scared to do such a thing to my car, especially without a factory image to restore. I was not looking to load apps locally to the car but have better integration with apps on phone, especially notification handling. Something along the lines of what Ford is doing https://developer.ford.com/
Hacky workaround, but Botifier didn't work for you?

http://www.kiasoulforums.com/27-ice-communication/32930-android-notifications-your-bluetooth-music-screen.html

·
Registered
40 Posts
My so called smart phone (ZTE Savy) is a piece of junk. It and my KIA soul does not match up in any form. Is there (any phone) that does work in my KIA soul? Paul

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
My so called smart phone (ZTE Savy) is a piece of junk. It and my KIA soul does not match up in any form. Is there (any phone) that does work in my KIA soul? Paul
Do you have an account on myuvo.com? If so, there is a list of phones that have been tested with the UVO and they are certified by Kia to work. Other than that there are lots of other phones around that work but have not been tested. Most Samsung and Droid devices work along with Apple products. We still do not know what kind of radio/UVO/Nav set up you have since you have not listed your trim and package level in the drives area. So far we are giving you a lot of guesses.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I suspect a problem there (myuvo.com), The rep set it up and I do not know my password. Someone mentioned a usb module I have a port in my Kai Soul Z750c can I use a usb module instead of the phone? Are these two paired or connected? The boof says these two things have to be paired and or connected.The Kia moters will not connect. ? Paul

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone have any ideas if the A8 maps update will fix the ipod repeat problem? I don't think I've seen a full change-log yet

UPDATE: I just spoke with Timothy at the Kia Maps Update site. Here is what he said about this issue:

Timothy: What is the bug with the iPod you are having?

Joseph: Awesome - I'll keep checking back. Well...
Timothy: That is strange to hear that it keeps looping the first 3 seconds.

Timothy: I'm not sure if it will fix it depending on what version you have now or not.

Timothy: Let me check something really quick.

Joseph: so it's hard to explain without seeing it, but basically when the ipod (or in my case, an iPhone 5) is connected directly to the USB port with the lightning cable, and you select a song, the song will play for about 20 to 30
Timothy: Do you live in the USA?

Joseph: yes, USA
Timothy: Do you have the streaming audio turned on via the Bluetooth settings?

Joseph: 20 to 30 seconds, then switch to the song that is listed first alphabetically (in my case, A-Bit of daft punk). This song will then play for about 3 seonds and repeat in an endless 3 second/startover loop
Timothy: You might want to turn it off if that is the case.

Joseph: yes, I have to use bluetooth streaming (which works fine)
Timothy: The iPod might be trying to connect two ways.

Joseph: I will try turning off bluetooth streaming and using the ipod connection only
Timothy: That might be the problem.

Timothy: We do not write the Bluetooth portion but, our updates do have updates to those features.

Timothy: However, we do not have all the details of them.

Joseph: Didn't think of that - kia has given me a ton of things to try like resetting the system, using the kia cable with an adapter, etc. nothing has worked so far
Joseph: good to know, I'll try disabling bluetooth and then trying after the update
Timothy: You don't have to disable bluetooth.

Timothy: Just turn off the streaming audio.

Joseph: there are about 20 other people having the same problem on the kiasoulforums, so I don't think it's a one-off
Timothy: if you are trying to play it by a cable.

Joseph: how would i have streaming audio on and the cable in at the same time?
Timothy: It might be a feature problem or something like it.

Timothy: The cable would use your iPod as an external mp3 audio source.

Timothy: Streaming audio is by Bluetooth = wireless.

Joseph: correct - and it works fine for about 20 seconds, then flips to the first song when using a cable
Timothy: That is why it is under the Bluetooth settings

Joseph: bluetooth works fine
Joseph: and it's what i've been using, but you miss out on the album art and navigating the interface directly on the car
Timothy: Weird.

Joseph: yeah, hopefully the update will fix it. otherwise i'll keep bugging my kia dealer :)
Joseph: thanks for the info though
Timothy: That is all beyond me. and what we do.

Timothy: So, you might want to contact KIA directly

Joseph: Gotcha. will do
Joseph: thank you!
Timothy: They can make a case for you.

Timothy: So, here is a link to check your version:

http://www.kia-gpsmap.us/sdmatrix Timothy: If you have map version 6.44 then the update we will have next week will upgrade to 7.43 Timothy: That might be the solution if they already fixed it. Joseph: ahh, i see Timothy: I wouldn't know about that specific of a feature. Joseph: sounds good. thank you for the info Timothy: However, if you already have mv 7.43 Timothy: then, you might only get small firmware and UVO updates. Joseph: I'll check next time im in the car Timothy: Great! Joseph: thanks again, have a good day Timothy: Thank you for letting me know about the issue. [/QUOTE]

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got the UVO Navigator/Map update this week and it seems to have fixed the problems with music jumping around from one track to another. I have been using it for 3 days now and have had no skips, keeping my fingers crossed. I have also updated my iPhone to the iPhone 6 recently too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The techs in the service department at my dealership (Auffenberg Kia in O'fallon, IL) had NO IDEA there was an update for my radio. I told them that when I tried to set up the app that I was informed there was an update available to use all the UVO services (Parking minder, service alerts, etc...) and they had no clue. I had to physically go down there and show them what the app said, and then show them the KIA site that I get forwarded to to purchase the map update. Then they tried to argue that it was just a map update, so I had to pull the site up for them that lists what all the map update includes. My salesman said I'm smarter than the average customer lol They don't even have the update yet, they're supposed to call me as soon as they get it :/

·
Registered
13 Posts
Holo doctor 1, I have experienced the same bug as you have with plugging in the iPhone cord into the USB outlet. It plays the first song alphabetically on my iPhone over and over . I ordered. The update so I hope that fixes it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone had problems with their car reading the phone since the ios8 update? Once in awhile my car will say unreadable :confounded:

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have been reading and reading this entire thread and still haven't found an answer..so my question is

i have a '14soul! with the sun and sound package...i have the UVO services that came with it, being the "roadside assistance and eservices" options only. have been told there is an update to get the parking minder vehicle diagnostic, etc....how do i go about getting that update into my car? my dealer said they updated it the other day during an oil change, but it hasn't changed from what my car came with.

also will this update help with my iPhone 6 being connected to my car via usb, and not jump songs?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
i have been reading and reading this entire thread and still haven't found an answer..so my question is

i have a '14soul! with the sun and sound package...i have the UVO services that came with it, being the "roadside assistance and eservices" options only. have been told there is an update to get the parking minder vehicle diagnostic, etc....how do i go about getting that update into my car? my dealer said they updated it the other day during an oil change, but it hasn't changed from what my car came with.

also will this update help with my iPhone 6 being connected to my car via usb, and not jump songs?
Read the 51 pages about the update here:
http://www.kiasoulforums.com/27-ice-communication/37010-end-may-anyone-hear-anything-about-promised-upgrade.html

Or, go here and check your version against the version on the site:
2014 KIA Soul Map Update - Map Updates

It is $60 for most, but if you have a nice dealer or ask Kia customer support nicely (or firmly, telling them it was promised to you when you bought the car), you should be able to get it for free.

EDIT: As long as your map version is the above or HIGHER, you have it. But if you are not seeing the services, you obviously don't have it.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Be aware you will need to have your smartphone connected via USB to have most things work. And if you have a rooted phone KIA has turned off your use of the app. (In Android)

61 - 80 of 87 Posts