Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, was at the dealer again today and found out that accessories are available as packages.

Three packages and all seem to be very good deals:

A $725
- Xenon Headlight Bulbs
- Wheel Locknuts
- Rear Chrome Garnish
- "Soul" Side Door Scuff Plates (4)
- Sport Pedals
- License Frame
- Chrome Gas Door

B $1500
- Xenon Headlight Bulbs
- LED Side Repeaters
- Rear Spoiler
- Front Skirt
- Side Skirts
- Rear Skirt
- Headlight Underline

C $1080
- Xenon Headlight Bulbs
- Hood Deflector
- Window Visors
- "Accessory" Hitch
- Hitch Mount 4 Bicycle carrier
- Horizontal Roof Rack Bars
- Roof Cargo Basket

Sales guy didn't let me see the dealer prices sheet unfortunately. But there were prices for each item individually though. There were also other accessories pictured that were not part of packages and no price was given:
- "Soul" valve covers
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink
- Center Console and Armrest
- iPod cable

During a visit to another dealer I was quoted close to $1100 just for the skirts. So, without a doubt I'm looking to get package B and C.

Today of three dealers only one asked the parts department for info (and we were both surprised and impressed by the parts bulletin on the accessory packages) and the two others had no clue about accessories or availability.

KIA Canada parts department: 1-877-KIA-4KIA (don't know if they accept calls from consumers or only dealers).

·
Registered
447 Posts
SlartyBartFast,
Are those prices installed or parts only?
Kris

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm very sure rear spoiler requires drilling and side repeaters seem to be a bitch to do (removing the wheel and the fender lining seems necessary)... The body kit is unlikely to be held by tape alone either... so I think this will all add up.
I think I will go see my dealer about this today and ask about the install charges for this kind of stuff.
I will share once I find out.
Kris

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Vinyl

My mechanic installed mine.....he used a tool that resembles a long hooked rod to go down from up top to release the catches on the side lights and then used it to attach the new ones....YES the spoiler is drilled...it comes with an easy to follow clear template...if you look in your rear hatch you will see rubber stoppers in the holes where the spoiler bolts go through..NOTE: Use locktite blue on the threads and DO NOT over tighten the nuts or it will cause some metal buckling...trust me I know...

·
Registered
39 Posts
If anyone sees the individual prices - I'm looking for the horizontal roof bars, and maybe the accessory hitch and bike rack.

thanks!

·
Registered
447 Posts
I was just checking with my dealer last night asking for prices and install costs.
OK, here is the example of what they quoted me:
Rear spoiler - price was around $260.00 and I was quoted 1-1.5 hours install time - $160.00
All I can say: WTF???:eek::eek::eek:
That's $420.00 plus tax for the spoiler alone!
OK, I'm drilling the friggin' holes myself. After all, this is going to be a first time they do this job on this car too... and they're going to make an apprentice do it. They going to use the same template and allow themselves 1.5 hours for the job.
I think I can handle that, all I need is a sharp new drillbit and some courage.
Kris

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kris,
That's why the packages are such an incredible deal. Individually the prices at the dealer are simply stupid. But in the package they beat the aftermarket sales prices.

I think I can handle that, all I need is a sharp new drillbit and some courage.
Kris
Immediately after buying a new car, one should take out a ballpeen hammer and hit the bodywork once.

Then at least the first dent is an experience (not a disappointment) and exactly where you want it. Not where the ass who bangs your door in the parking lot puts it. :eek:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Immediately after buying a new car, one should take out a ballpeen hammer and hit the bodywork once.

Then at least the first dent is an experience (not a disappointment) and exactly where you want it. Not where the ass who bangs your door in the parking lot puts it. :eek:
LOL

Those packages are pretty nice even if they aren't installed. I can't wait for some of this stuff to filter down here in the states either!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
i worked accessories at dealer cost into the deal for my car. i have a sheet showing their cost and the msrp side by side. they sure are making money on those packages. according to my sheet, those prices are almost 100% profit.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i worked accessories at dealer cost into the deal for my car. i have a sheet showing their cost and the msrp side by side. they sure are making money on those packages. according to my sheet, those prices are almost 100% profit.
Hmm. Nice to know. How about posting them for the world to see?

One salesman offered me accessories at "his" cost for any future purchases if I bought the car from him. Supposedly the dealer price + 15%.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts