Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on amazom and saw oil filters advertised, they were by Hyundai Motors said they would fit a Kia. Has anyone got a part number for a 2020 Kia Soul LX yet?

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
The blue Kia filters will always say Hyundai on them. They're used across the 2 brands & even on quite a few other brands as well.

Not sure of the Part #. Can you look at the one on your engine and see? If it's in a weird spot you can use a mirror or even reach down & snap a pic with your cell, just to be sure.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I believe the last three nrs are 505......some Walmarts are selling them now also.
If you buy from dealer you'll get a new crush washer for the oil plug. Pretty much same price.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
The 2020's are still using the same filters as the Gen-1's, , , even if Kia has changed the number.
When I had my first oil change, I gave the service dept a filter that I had bought for my Gen-1 Soul, and they put it on and gave me an identical filter for my next oil change.
However, KIA did change the engine air filter, and K&N Doesn't make one for it, yet. :(

:cool:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, I think your right same filter fits many years. I will check on the car as soon as the weather is better.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Here's the one given to me, by my KIA dealer, at my last Oil Change. I gave them one I already had purchased for my 2013, and they gave me this one as a replacement, so I'd always have one if I ever needed it.

And there is a FREE Crush Washer taped down to the top of the box. The last one I actually bought, cost me $7. The ones I get now are FREE. Well, not actually FREE, but they are just supplied as a part of the Extended Maintenance plan that I bought along with the car.

Happy Halloween Mates!
FLH 🎃 🎃

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought a 'case' of 10 oil filters from the Kia dealer identical to the one in the photo posted by FLH. Kia requires that oil changes are done at 12,000 km or less. I am assuming that these filters are at least good enough with quality synthetic oil to last 12,000 km (~7,500 miles).

If the vehicle were no longer under warranty, I would buy Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W20 oil and the Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil filter. Then I would change the oil once a year as we never get close to 20,000 km in a given year. The Mobil 1 EP motor oil is rated up to 24,000 km.

If one uses the long-life, premium synthetic oils for a duration well in excess of 12,000 km, high capacity filters are a must.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
OK, ya got me! Is that a KIA made filter or a Mobis made filter?

I get mine from my KIA dealer, so I don't have to worry about it being legit.

Got snow yet? You will !!!

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
OK, ya got me! Is that a KIA made filter or a Mobis made filter?

I get mine from my KIA dealer, so I don't have to worry about it being legit.

Got snow yet? You will !!!

There seems to be a variance depending on where they come from.
(Dealer, Mobis, Factory)
Some say made by "Hummel Mann" others don't
I weighed mine so I know it's "legit" as you put it.
I think the counterfeiting was an overseas issue on the 503/504 filter?
Seen different boxes and different markings as well.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I'm not too fond of the plastic shield on the bottom of the motor b.t.w.
A bit too obstructive for clean oil changes.
I couldn't get my had out fast enough without oil running down my sleeve.
Removing it seems too much the chore as well.
This could be my last oil change but I'll see how I feel next oil change in 6 months or so.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts