Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed an OBX header today off a 04 tiburobn, it was a pain! i finally got them on and custom fit the downpipe.... to the resonator... yea we had to cut the cat, at this point there was no turning back! So i was able to fit both oxygen sensors on the header, one on the top and the other at the bottom. It performs very well now with my exhaust and intake but has a sound to it that im not real sure i like. after 2 hours of driving the check engine light came on and im thinking of getting a spark plug defouler tomorrow and doing it this way, any other advice guys?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Most of OBX's stuff is pure **** quality. Why would you gerry rig a header not meant for your car instead of buying one of the 3 out there MADE for your car?

Granted, Weapon R isn't much better than OBX, and you are gambling by buying from Shark Racing, but Doug Thorley Headers has been a great vendor to deal with.

As for your CEL, where did you put your o2 sensors?

The first one needs to be at the last collector, or where all 4 pipes become one, The second one needs to be after that, and needs to have a standoff/defouler.

·
Registered
925 Posts
There is a header made for our cars being released in three weeks preorders are being taken as we speak. You'd have to elsewhere to read about it though.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
No sir. Weapon R makes one, but I've never been completely happy with their quality, pricing, or customer service. The new one by Doug Thorley Headers is just amazingly beautiful, and CEL free. Their customer service is great, and they listen to the community.

Might wanna check em out my man.

But for what you have, yes, you can do the defouler. Get me some pics of what you've done, and I can do what I can to help you get it running right.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea man too late for that one, i've put too much money and time into this project. i defouled it today but the check engine light is still on, maybe after driving around a bit it'll come off. i'll post pics up tomorrow, i'm going to an auto-x event tomorrow so i will have my camera handy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
as far as the o2 sensors, they custom fit one onto one of the pipes coming off the block, the second is at the collector... aayyeeee..... this can get ugly

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Yup, tons of pics of it over in the Group Buy. Held it in my hand a few months ago.

Muska, the defouler isn't going to help if it's not done right, and if the 02 sensors are in the wrong place.

In reality, it should be an easy fix. Plug the first bung (hahahahah) with a short bolt, and have a new bung welded in a foot or so after the first one. Put the Defouler in the SECOND 02 bung, but you may have to put 2 in there, to extend it far enough to work.

Then reset your ECU and give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Yes, there are pictures of the prototype in that thread, installed on member Shawn's Soul.

If you check the thread out, the first production run is just starting, so no ceramic coated sets are done yet. I did post some pictures of what the finish on the finals will look like. It'll be the prototype routing, with ceramic coating.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
The development thread will answer almost every question you have. The actual Group Buy thread, the first post, has everything you would want to know about the initial sale. Didn't you already check that out to see the pictures?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts