Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
interesting technology, always continuing development of existing systems, saying it might be in worldwide in 2015 Nissan models, so we will see. I'm sure Kia is not asleep on these things, look what's been done so far. ;)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
interesting technology, always continuing development of existing systems, saying it might be in worldwide in 2015 Nissan models, so we will see. I'm sure Kia is not asleep on these things, look what's been done so far. ;)

Oh dear, Nissan has a techy item before Kia... Kia & Hyundai had put the pressure on other manufacturers to upgrade their non-luxury brand vehicles.
What surprises me is no lane change warning stuff on the Soul. Suspect the 2015 will have the too close warning in front, back and sides. If they make too many upgrades on the Soul next couple of years I will be sorry I bought & did not lease. LOL

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Oh dear, Nissan has a techy item before Kia... Kia & Hyundai had put the pressure on other manufacturers to upgrade their non-luxury brand vehicles.
What surprises me is no lane change warning stuff on the Soul. Suspect the 2015 will have the too close warning in front, back and sides. If they make too many upgrades on the Soul next couple of years I will be sorry I bought & did not lease. LOL
You can get some of these systems after market, I have considered getting one myself. But that is a little further on.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
User review was not so great, having to turn it on and off...drag. Like that you get the camera when shifting into reverse.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The Soul does have Lane Departure Warning System or soon will have according to kia.com/worldwide. Along with a parking assistance system.

·
Registered
50 Posts
So many stuff on cars now. Can't people just drove now. What's up with all these stupid warnings. Why do we need them people don't know how to drive anymore ??? What if these side warnings don't work and you hangs lane what do you say then oh sorry never got the warning you were there. Pathetic people. We all pass drivers licence tests or I hope so in theory we should be able to drove ours cars properly. Yes I understand some people really don't drove well but will they drove better with all these warnings and gadgets and automatic parking...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
15,156 Posts
good points kovi, people have to remember these are "an aid" not a replacement for good driving practices and common sense.

While we are on the subject, I'll throw in this link again for people that might not have seen it. Everyone has a blind-spot warning system on their vehicle standard - the sideview mirrors - providing you set them correctly.

Motoring TV : Kenzie's Korner!

by the way it works, but it takes a bit of getting use too. I admit I've been driving with them in the wrong position for nearly 50 years till I came across this video. Never too old to learn.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,397 Posts
So it looks like you would still need a backup camera, right? This one is mounted too high to show the action down at bumper level, or if a kids bike is laying on the ground right behind the car (or am I missing something?)

·
Registered
15,156 Posts
no, but a blind-spot monitoring system (the electronic type) is only for when you traveling forward, so adjustment of your mirrors correctly is only going to solve that. Other than a camera (unless you install mirrors on the back corner angled across the back) , nothing can see directly behind your hatch and below it from the drivers point of view, hence the reason back-up cameras will be mandatory in a few years (2018 I believe).

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was thinking the same thing GeoSoul. I like Kenzie's Korner video. It makes me think about the early 1900's videos, when we see pedestrians negotiating around Model T's, horse-drawn carts and cable cars on muddy or dusty streets in a city. It looked like a free-for-all.
When I saw the Nissan video, it reminded me of a cheaper way to get that rear view now: The No Blind Spot Rear View Mirror - Hammacher Schlemmer

·
Registered
32 Posts
Many rearview camera has multiple viewing angles to choose from. Basically it would work just like that. However, it would be risky to replace the mirror with this external camera system. The lens may be blocked by mud, fog, road salt, etc and there is no wiper on the lens to clean it up.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've got a lange change warning system on my Soul 2014, so far I assumed every Soul has them. And I really like my rear-view camera.

This looks cool as a concept, but in the end the customers will decided if this is a good feature or not.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I've got a lange change warning system on my Soul 2014, so far I assumed every Soul has them. And I really like my rear-view camera.

This looks cool as a concept, but in the end the customers will decided if this is a good feature or not.
Your car is my favorite :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
good points kovi, people have to remember these are "an aid" not a replacement for good driving practices and common sense.

While we are on the subject, I'll throw in this link again for people that might not have seen it. Everyone has a blind-spot warning system on their vehicle standard - the sideview mirrors - providing you set them correctly.

Motoring TV : Kenzie's Korner!

by the way it works, but it takes a bit of getting use too. I admit I've been driving with them in the wrong position for nearly 50 years till I came across this video. Never too old to learn.
ive seen that video too, i changed muy GF mirrors and now shes always using them especially sincle the soul has a big b-pillar

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
ive seen that video too, i changed muy GF mirrors and now shes always using them especially sincle the soul has a big b-pillar
Hhmm..I clicked on it but it was not the video of the mirrors. Do I need to search for it?
Thanks, John

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,397 Posts
Conwel do you have the updated link for setting your side mirrors correctly? The Kenzies Korner link goes to some guy talking about drunk drivers & drunk bikers and everything in between!

Thanks!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts