Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in NS paid this $300+ for the VIN etching? Thinking it's a cost I can get out of on my new Soul. Just wanted feedback if anyone has dealt with it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The dealer tried to sell me all the extras including paint finish, electronic rust proofing system, nitrogen for the tires, etc. I just kept saying "No, you are just wasting time for both of us." I did negotiate for 4 15" steel rims for snow tires and got a decent price with the purchase of the car. Oh, and when I picked it up, it already had nitrogen in the tires at no cost to me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer tried to sell me all the extras including paint finish, electronic rust proofing system, nitrogen for the tires, etc. I just kept saying "No, you are just wasting time for both of us." I did negotiate for 4 15" steel rims for snow tires and got a decent price with the purchase of the car. Oh, and when I picked it up, it already had nitrogen in the tires at no cost to me.
Free Nitrogen! Nice!

I'm thinking there is a way out of the VIN etching in NS. Apparently many people at many dealers have gotten out of it. One of those things you have to speak up about.

BTW - Did you get a reflector for the hood? Only "extra" I'm thinking about just to save the paint. Have one on my Aveo and it's helped.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I dont remember having to pay this last year. To bad for you now in Halifax that both Kia dealers are the same owner.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah, I bought the bug deflector for about $115 installed. The dealer wanted about $350 for the package with nitrogen, paint protection and some kind of road side warranty--total B.S. They also wanted about $400 for the electronic rust proofing sytem--CTC sells them for $169 on sale. I don't think the system works anyway according to reviews.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a 2014 Soul EX almost two weeks ago. In the past I have been able to get out of the etching cost. Not this time. Dealer would not budge. It is too bad that both dealerships in the area are owned by the same outfit. I also ordered a cargo cover. Has anyone else ordered one for a 2014?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts