Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my Kia Soul all is squealing when turning left or right. And the steering has been up at stiff too. I added power steering fluid thinking that might help but it didn't make any difference. what do you think it is?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Hmm, having electric steering not sure what fluid you added. See if this helps from service manual:

• If the Electric Power Steering System does not operate normally, the warning light will illuminate on the instrument cluster. The steering wheel may require increased steering effort. Take your vehicle to an authorized Kia dealer and have the vehicle checked as soon as possible.
  • When you operate the steering wheel in low temperature, noise may occur. If temperature rises, the noise will likely disappear. This is a normal condition.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Kia Soul. Same problem. Turn left or right and it makes a clicking sound. I have taken to two dealerships and one independent shop. No solution. I’ve been keeping and eye on for the past 25k+ miles. Typically happens when temperatures dips below 30 Fahrenheit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts