Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard the best thing to do when you get a new car is to tell the dealer not to wash it, so as they won't put swirl marks all over it. But once you get the car, what is the best way to wash? If I take it to a wash bay where you use the wand to wash it, is that safe? I would not use the brush, as there will probably be dirt in it. But just using the wand to put soap on, and rinse? What do you think?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think the wand with soap is good to get the loose dirt off but I always use an old towel with soapy water to get all the dirt off. Many of the liquid auto wash concentrates contain wax or something similar that will make your shine last longer and prevent swirls. Make sure you rinse the car well before washing to get the grit off. Maybe others have a better way to wash.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, that's a good way of doing it, thanks. So I will not get swirl marks from just using the wand?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also use the Meguiar's ultimate wash mitt for washing my car.
I am using it now for 3 years and didn't have any swirl on my car i trade in for the Soul.
But drying your car is also important, i use the water magnet also from Meguiar's.
Works fine for me.

Greetings from Holland.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I personally use the spray wash... I go insert my money and I wash the vehicle myself. After the wash I leave it wet and I useTurtle wax. Drying it with a microfiber towel.

Never have had swirls.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think the secret is to blast away as much of the dirt as possible before you touch it with a rag/sponge and to rinse your rag often to make sure you aren't holding small bits of debris in the sponge and scratching the paint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts