Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe an issue, not sure but upon logging in this morning I select New Posts like always and get the no new posts in the last 24 hours message.

Yet I can scan the sections and clearly see that there have been a bunch of posts since last night?

Cleared cookies etc and tried again, no luck.

Forum issue?

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
at certain times of the day it seems to discount the new posts as having become old every couple of hours....... it does this during the morning for me, so i assume its designed to do this during the night for the rest of you when you arent posting.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BUMP, this has happened to me daily for the last week, different times of the day / night, I cleared history, cookies etc. I log on here see new posts, hit NEW POSTS and I get NADDA!

Can the mods look into this please????

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
I'm having no problem, it's working fine for me. Sounds to be on your end.....

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Other than clearing history and cookies what else could be on my end?

No other forum does this, Soul forums, gaming forums, news forums etc, only this one.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
My PC will do this, or At least I blame my PC/windows

Plus I use multable PC's

But it did this before I used multable PC's, also since I 1st signed up

Allways chalked it up to general computer internet frustrations :think

:D

·
Registered
491 Posts

Maybe an issue, not sure but upon logging in this morning I select New Posts like always and get the no new posts in the last 24 hours message.

Yet I can scan the sections and clearly see that there have been a bunch of posts since last night?

Cleared cookies etc and tried again, no luck.

Forum issue?
I've been getting the same message for a couple of days, but I quickly realized that I am not logged in automatically anymore (Remember me). Once I log in, I'm redirected to the new posts. Who's palyed with the cookies from this forum that are keeping us from staying logged in?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Using Firefox I am never logged in, I have to log in each time I come here, that's part of the reason I am surprised by the sudden issue with no new posts.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
My cookies work fine.
I'm always logged in when I come here.
And I always see the new posts. Sometime there are only a few but they are still there.
I'm using Firefox 6.0.2

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I set my preferences to never remember me on any website, I log in manually each time I visit any site.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
computers lie!!!...... at some point the system has to decide when a post becomes old and it is not after 24 hours....currently this is the only new post in the last 24 hours..... which is a load of tosh - cos i posted lots 2 hours ago.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah dude it's not on my end, I have tried 2 different browsers, I'm just not going to search through all the posts manually to find new ones.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
it does it more at certain times of the day..... maybe come on a couple of hours later if you can.

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,006 Posts
If I visit the site and read a PM and leave when I come back even if in a minute span it will have marked all the posts as read. That's why I only come on when I can devote the time to read all the new posts. But alas I still miss a few from time to time. It's a quirk if this brand of forum software. It happens to me on every board running vBulletin. That's why I prefer I.P.Board better.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I appreciate the input and I don't pretend to know anything about the various softwares related to forums but this just started a little over a week ago, I joined here in July and until last week it never happened.

I mean it is literally I go to bed, sleep 8 hours, log in and check this before work and bam NO NEW POSTS IN THE LAST 24 HOURS, if it had been happening to me since July I could see it is just the forum software or something like that.

It is not a huge inconvenience but it is a pain in the ass.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
That's good to know Rodville, thanks for the explanation! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts