Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a solution for the Nexus One/Soul bluetooth issues.....Ditch the Nexus One (Android 2.1 is a bit glitchy for my tastes) and get a Palm Pre. :)

...Now everything is working like normal again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Found a solution for the Nexus One/Soul bluetooth issues.....Ditch the Nexus One (Android 2.1 is a bit glitchy for my tastes) and get a Palm Pre. :)

...Now everything is working like normal again.
Heh, while I see the humour in calling this a "solution", as a proud Android owner I have to strongly disagree. I've been active in the Android modding community for some time now (google XDA) and wouldn't mind getting some more info on this issue.

Do you have a link to a thread on some specifics? If the problem resides on the Android end, I may be of some service. I'm also pretty connected to a number of Android modders/devs that I could also ping for ideas.

Lemme know!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
t3mpest: 2.1 won't maintain a sync with the Soul. It's a known issue...as are the many many many issues with Android. I'm not going to list them, but as a developer, you should know where to find them.

Not misleading at all. The OS is super flaky (worst i've ever had) and the solution was ditching the phone :) I'm happy with webOS and everything working. It would have been nice to have all the theoretical power the Nexus One had...but it just wasn't meant to be.

Also of note RedZ....previously you had mentioned the Droid was better than the N1. After playing with a couple of Droid's I would have to agree. I don't know if it was just 2.1, or if the N1 just isn't well balanced, but the Droid ran just as good (actually seemed a bit faster) than the N1. I won't get into the Android vs another product debate as there are still people that think Windows Vista was a great OS, so some people just don't see certain things. But I wouldn't recommend ditching your Droid for an N1 based on what I experienced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts