Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I just finished picking up my Fiancées new Kia Soul..

I have 2 quick questions...

-> What are the size of the headlight bulbs?
-> What are the size of the fog lamp bulbs?

Has anyone gone HID for these yet? If so, any issues?

Also of note, the Tonneau cover? is this supposed to be coming out for the Soul? If so, does anyone know the ETA?

Thanks for any help!
Really like this little beast....good looking rims too!

Frank:)

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Ah you bought it at the wrong place...

Headlight H4
Fog light 881

Yes Rear Cargo cover is coming, as of yet no ETA.

Cheers,

SOUL4U

Hi All

I just finished picking up my Fiancées new Kia Soul..

I have 2 quick questions...

-> What are the size of the headlight bulbs?
-> What are the size of the fog lamp bulbs?

Has anyone gone HID for these yet? If so, any issues?

Also of note, the Tonneau cover? is this supposed to be coming out for the Soul? If so, does anyone know the ETA?

Thanks for any help!
Really like this little beast....good looking rims too!

Frank:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Thanks for your reply...

What do you mean when you say I bought it at the wrong place!?!

Also, do you know if HIDs will work with our headlights? or are there any issues?

thanks again.
Frank

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
HIDs are no issue at all.....even all sorts of room on the sides for your ballasts.

You'll only have to figure out the wire coming out of the small covers, and you'll notice the 3-prong headlight plug is INSIDE the headlight assembly, so you'll have to get the HID kit's power connection inside as well.

The pics are actually of my OLD set. I have since gone bi-xenon, but pretty much the same except I haven't mounted the new ballasts yet (They are just sorta sitting in those same brackets because they are smaller)

I went with SharkRacing's LED foggies, but I suggest you go HID if you really want bright foggies. The LED ones LOOK cool, but are not bright.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Thanks for your help!

I like the way that you have mounted the ballasts. -> Looks OEM :)

How did you solve the rubber shield/small cover issue!?

Thanks
Frank

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
First pic (for THAT set anyway). I just dremelled out a hole about an inch around. That set had a real nice grommet all ready to just go in that hole.

My bixenon kit had no such grommet. I just went out and got some little rubber "stick on" feet that were about 2" around. I put a cut in them to the center, stuck the wires in there and then stuck these on the back of the plastic covers. It's not an airtight seal, likely not even watertight.....but it'll keep water from splashing right in.

I ordered a couple new "caps" from Kia....They are only about $4.50 each and DO include the rubber gasket, but I ended up just keeping them and making the old ones I had cut out still work.

I was gonna have the wiring come out the side of the headlight assembly right under those caps (and then use the "no hole" new caps), but I'd likely STILL just end up with "splashproof at best" seal where the wiring came out....and then having to replace the whole headlight assembly if something went wrong.

Its gone through several carwashes now snce then, and no "water in headlight" issue I had before when I had LEFT THOSE COVERS OFF like an idiot one day.

Carwash is about the only thing here in San Diego to worry about.....I hear from some spurious sources that water used to FALL right out of the sky here!!
;p

·
Registered
17 Posts
You could get the HID kit with the bulb size of H4.
But here are some problems.
H4 bulb are made for High/Low beam together.
So you have to get Bi-Xenon which has High/Low beam together, but somehow when you put'em on Kia Soul, it's not that bright.
So I just got regular H4 bulb and gave up the high beam.
You don't really need it when you have HID.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry to say this, but OEM HID ballasts never show. And if cops see the aftermarket HID kit like that, that's a ticket.(In California.)
And when you mount the HID ballast, don't install it on the top of, or near the fuse box or any other main wiring. Any aftermarket wiring(such as sound system power cable, HID ballast or output wire) will mess up the current flows.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info guys...

Not really any issues that i have heard about (legal) regarding HIDS.
I have them in my 2005 Grand Prix GXP and have never had any complaints.

I will prob get a set soon.

Thanks
Frank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts