Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kia Soul Plus was bought new in 2020 but it's 2019, looking to rough it up a bit, anyone ever successfully even slightly lifted theirs and made it look off-road worthy (I know it's not its, for show only)

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! I think member @zestyhuevos has a rugged looking soul. May want to check his out.

Post up some pictures of yours. (y)
I will shortly I want to clean her up the first hurricane Ian dropped tons of leaves and mud, and crap on her good thing she didn't get stuck in any water, heard there's a lift kit for these things; am i dreaming?

· Registered
2016 Soul !
261 Posts
I will shortly I want to clean her up the first hurricane Ian dropped tons of leaves and mud, and crap on her good thing she didn't get stuck in any water, heard there's a lift kit for these things; am i dreaming?
I don't know about lift kits for the soul, and I would be very leery of installing one if one were available (me personally). In my experience it really messes with the handling of the vehicle and not in a good way.

I'm pretty sure you can fit 27" tall tires with no or minimal rubbing though. If I'm not dreaming I remember seeing one converted to a work van on here with 27" tires...

· Registered
2 Posts
I don't know about lift kits for the soul, and I would be very leery of installing one if one were available (me personally). In my experience, it really messes with the handling of the vehicle, and not in a good way.

I'm pretty sure you can fit 27" tall tires with no or minimal rubbing, though. If I'm not dreaming, I remember seeing one converted to a work van on here with 27" tires...
I agree partially. I totally agree with you on the handling and it being easier to tip over since it is now higher; I guess what I meant was does anyone know how big a tire (Off-road/On-road type) you can put on them to give it a beefier stance, I know, I know, if you wanted a jeep why didn't you just buy one, same reason I ride a Honda can't afford a Harley...lol any help would be greatly appreciated

· Registered
2016 Soul !
261 Posts
I agree partially. I totally agree with you on the handling and it being easier to tip over since it is now higher; I guess what I meant was does anyone know how big a tire (Off-road/On-road type) you can put on them to give it a beefier stance, I know, I know, if you wanted a jeep why didn't you just buy one, same reason I ride a Honda can't afford a Harley...lol any help would be greatly appreciated
I'm going to say 27" tall with no mods, 235/60-16 or equivalent. This guy I believe had 28" on the back but also needed spring spacers :eek:. Might be fine for 90% of driving situations, just not for me anymore.

· Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,238 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!!

· Registered
‘16 Kia Soul Base A/T
35 Posts
Sorry for not chimming in, I’ve been busy for the holidays. I may have plans on lifting. 2 in max. I’ve already seen some souls lifted on FB forums. Some have used universal lifts. I, myself might try a different route. If it’s successful. You guys will know. 🙂

Anyways. Here’s a picture of my soul.
Wheel Tire Sky Car Plant

My wheel & tires are about 26.8” overall diameter. You can go up to a 27” using OEM wheels

My wheel & tire specs are:
15x7.0 -10
205/70 R15

Yes you can go down to a 15”as long as you have a low offset or if the wheel is a reverse mounted wheel to have some clearance between the wheel and calipers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts