Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Inferno Red 2022 Kia Soul Turbo
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my eye on these cars for a while, and figured I'd get one when the time came for a new car. It was quite the experience, given all the shortages. I really wanted a Snow White Pearl but kept 'just missing' every one I found within 500 miles. (Except the ones in Augusta, GA that were $8,000 over MSRP!!! Uh... no.) Black was my second choice but, when I found this Inferno Red Turbo beauty, I knew with a little bit of work it would suit me just fine. I wanted some more black on it, and to get rid of the dealer's gray pinstripe.

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

That's the "before" shot.
Here's stage 1 "After," after a few hours at the vinyl shop," with a bit more work to do. (Tint, switching the lettering style on the sides, getting a better looking front tag)

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

I know that look won't be for everybody... but I like it a lot :love:

Loving the car, in general. Very fun to drive, and it has a lot of nice features for the price.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Wow they did a great job. Huge improvement. Looks great!
Thanks! Yeah, I thought so too.

Nice. With the red I feel like you need some kind of Fire Dept insignia. :)
LOL! If I was affiliated in any way, that would definitely fit well.

Oddly enough I named her Fireball, on the way home from the dealer, both for the candy color and the get-up-and-go she's got. I'm guessing any additional detail may end up being something on the front tag relative to the candy, the whisky, or a dragon. If not an actual fireball or atomic explosion or something. Decisions, decisions.

Food Natural foods Ingredient Plant Font
Font Automotive lighting T-shirt Technology Logo

Probably just doing something like one of these for a tag:

Rectangle Sleeve Font Electronic device Art

·
Banned
775 Posts
I would say blacked out wheels, but after looking at it for a bit, the current wheels give the red and black a nice contrast. There was another Turbo owner a few years ago that said he was going to try to tweak the engine to see how much fun he could have with it. Would be nice to see how that Turbo-4 takes to mods. All I managed on my 2018 was a K&N filter, but it was still fun to toss that thing around in traffic until the tranny became an issue. How do you like the DCT? Is the first-to-second still a little awkward? Congrats on the new toy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I'll probably keep things stock, at least for now. The transmission? I'm not 100% used to it, yet, but getting there. I've got ~700 miles on it at the moment. If I let it be a full automatic... every now and then, under some lazier starts around town, it seems like it maybe hangs out in 1st after I would've already shifted. It also doesn't always seem to be in the gear I would've chosen... but I think that's fairly common with any computer-controlled automatic with more than 3-4 gears. Honestly though, most of the time it feels fairly normal. And it does what I expect when I floor it. :D

My last few rides being a Suburban, an HHR and an Equinox... I can say that this is a very fun car to drive. It's quicker than I would've expected. It reminds me a lot of my 2007 Mini Cooper S, which I always considered to be an adult go-kart, and I drove it like one. If I still had the mini, I feel like the Soul might take it, off the line, by just a bit... but in the corners, I'm still not trusting the Soul quite as much as I did the Mini. That was also quite a few years ago and I've calmed down a bit, in general, since then. Still... the stock-tuned ~201hp feels pretty sweet in this little car. The occasional max-performance takeoff leaves me with a big smile. (And the occasional surprised/shocked from others)

·
Registered
2020 GT-Line Turbo Cherry Black
146 Posts
I've had my eye on these cars for a while, and figured I'd get one when the time came for a new car. It was quite the experience, given all the shortages. I really wanted a Snow White Pearl but kept 'just missing' every one I found within 500 miles. (Except the ones in Augusta, GA that were $8,000 over MSRP!!! Uh... no.) Black was my second choice but, when I found this Inferno Red Turbo beauty, I knew with a little bit of work it would suit me just fine. I wanted some more black on it, and to get rid of the dealer's gray pinstripe.

View attachment 138288

Here's stage 1 "After," after a few hours at the vinyl shop," with a bit more work to do. (Tint, switching the lettering style on the sides, getting a better looking front tag)

View attachment 138289

Loving the car, in general. Very fun to drive, and it has a lot of nice features for the price.
Love it! Did something similar to my wife's 2021 Turbo.
Especially love the red in the black Soul panel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Love it! Did something similar to my wife's 2021 Turbo.
Especially love the red in the black Soul panel
Thanks! Yeah, the vinyl guy suggested that one to me when I was getting the other work done. You can't tell it in daytime... but it's a reflective red, like on stop signs. Crappy, grainy, night pic here... but you can see the effect when light hits it. :)
Asphalt Road surface Art Grass Tints and shades

Nice spider, by the way. I came very close to being opposites, and putting a black spider on mine. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts

View attachment 138288

View attachment 138289

I just purchased the same car & color. Once the weather warms up in Ohio, I plan on adding my 'black' personal touches too. Your car looks great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts