Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new owner here of a 2019 black soul +. I'm trying to see if there's an update to the uvo software but whenever I go to the site through links to the updates, it always takes me to the landing/login page. Based on what I've googled, there may be a sd card somewhere around the head unit that I can take out and write the update to. However, I don't see any SD card slot on my head unit. Can I just load it into a flash drive, plug it in the USB port, and update that way? I don't even know if it needs an update as I already have access to Android auto and carplay.

Any help appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,076 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Base AT (1.6) Dirty Asphalt color ("titanium")
665 Posts
I got absolutely no idea what the answers to your questions are, but welcome to the hamster house anyhow!

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Welcome. It should be at the top of the unit in the center. I have the nav unit with the fancy radio (totally not worth the money). I did not even notice it there until I tried to update the software. But I do not believe that there is a connection between that sd card and UVO. Did you go to the UVO site and open an account to register your UVO? If not, then that is step one.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi, new owner here of a 2019 black soul +. I'm trying to see if there's an update to the uvo software but whenever I go to the site through links to the updates, it always takes me to the landing/login page. Based on what I've googled, there may be a sd card somewhere around the head unit that I can take out and write the update to. However, I don't see any SD card slot on my head unit. Can I just load it into a flash drive, plug it in the USB port, and update that way? I don't even know if it needs an update as I already have access to Android auto and carplay.

Any help appreciated.
I have a 2015! Soul and while I was able to perform the software update to get Android Auto and Carplay back in June 2018 - it is my understanding that the AA/Carplay update is only available for UVO with Navigation. In addition, Kia/Hyundai have put the update on HOLD. But will be rolling it out sometime in early 2019. The customer service rep that I chatted with did not know exactly when it would be available.

https://www.kia-gpsmap.us/map-update...015-v12-5.html

In my 2015 Soul ! the SD card slot is located in the center above the Touchscreen. I did indeed use it to update both the map data for my navigation as well as add Android Auto and Apple Carplay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome. It should be at the top of the unit in the center. I have the nav unit with the fancy radio (totally not worth the money). I did not even notice it there until I tried to update the software. But I do not believe that there is a connection between that sd card and UVO. Did you go to the UVO site and open an account to register your UVO? If not, then that is step one.
I did register for an account. I guess I'll wait to hear more on the update based on the comment above about being on hold. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts