Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Soul+ 2.0 Auto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new to me 2019 Kia Soul Plus 2.0 Auto 25k miles. Really liking it so far and want to do my best to maintain it.

Poking around the forums I have come up with a few questions regarding maintenance.

What is everyones favorite oil?
I keep seeing Valvoline Full Synthetic recommended?
Should I look for an oil specifically made for GDI?

Induction Cleaning.
I have heard a mix bag between if CRC really works vs BG that the dealership does any thoughts?
If BG is the way to go, any know national chains that may provide this service cheaper than the dealership?

PCV valve.
I think this is the correct one for my 2.0 but with the Hyundai name on amazon.

I'm unsure if mine has ever been changed. Should I just replaced it now at 25k?
How often do you typically replace the PCV valve?

·
Premium Member
Co. 6900ft 2018 and 2012 Soul+
371 Posts
The current recommendation is to replace PVC at 30k. I just replaced mine for the first time at 27k. No where in the maintenance schedule will you find 'replace PCV'.. so I just went with that recommendation and replaced it anyway.

26740-2G000 is the part number I purchased and installed in my 2018. it is the same for yours. So yes, the above looks correct to me.

The best GDI oil appears to be Mobil 1 or Pennzoil full synthetic. Kia has their own recommended brand, though the name escapes me. Others here will also have an opinion.. :)

As far as induction cleaning, Your 2019 at 25k should not be needing it. Run good gas and good oil and it should be fine. I prefer that the dealership does that for me though.

That's my 2cents for you sir !! Enjoy your ride !

H

·
Registered
2019 Kia Soul+ 2.0 Auto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mjhammer for answering my questions. I was leery to ask about the oil, it has caused heated discussions in the past.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Soul+ 2.0 Auto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks westslope! That is an awesome point of reference.

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2015 2.0 litre EX GDI Alien Green II Pearl
417 Posts
You are welcome DADBOD30.

If you have questions, fire away either here or there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
All the major oil brands are good. Run 5w30 instead of 5w20, for better protection. The 5w20 is only recommended because of MPG CAFE government mandates.

Use the CRC every 10k and use Techron Concentrate Fuel Line cleaner in your tank every 5k.

Also use Top-tier gas where available.

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2015 2.0 litre EX GDI Alien Green II Pearl
417 Posts
All the major oil brands are good. Run 5w30 instead of 5w20, for better protection. The 5w20 is only recommended because of MPG CAFE government mandates.
I'm still using 5W20 synthetic oil. The vehicle does not burn or lose oil. Maybe a bit more than a quarter of a litre between oil changes.

Mind you it is top quality, longer life oil such as Pennzoil Ultra Platinum or Mobil 1 Extend Performance. I wait for them to be on sale.

This last time, I changed the oil after 10K km / ~6,200 miles. The vehicle has 65K km/40,400 miles on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Use the CRC every 10k and use Techron Concentrate Fuel Line cleaner in your tank every 5k.

Also use Top-tier gas where available.
I have a 2011 Kia Soul +, 5 speed manual with over132,000 miles. I usually let the dealer handle the maintenance. The oil change and car wash is free. I'm not sure what oil the dealer uses. I'm on my third set of tires, Coopers from NTB with road hazard warranty. I've driven all over, several trips to Ohio, Michigan and Indiana plus trips to Alabama, Georgia and Florida. I really like the car. It's fun to drive. I'm in the DC area and go with the flow on the beltway. I usually go to North Carolina every Thanksgiving. Running the speed limit on US 29 I usually get between 32-34 mph. On the interstate at 70 mph it's more like 28 or 29. Running around Annandale with traffic lights and stop and go driving it's more like 25 or 26 mph. I try to keep it in 5th gear as much as I can plus use the cruise control out on the open road. I just wish it had a larger gas tank. It's only 12+ gallons but I guess that's okay since I usually have to make my coffee exchange stops. Incidentally, I bought it at Carmax in 2012. It was a year old with about 14k miles. It's harder and harder to find stick shift these days but that's what I've been driving on since 1961.

FYI or as Paul Harvey used to say, "From our for what it's worth department..."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts