Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know im new to the forums here, and i guess im limited to posting in this thread, which is fine. i am actually quite fond of my wifes hamster wagon (2010 soul auto) but its lacking ... everywhere. im familiar with how to rebuild engines, strengthen parts, buy stronger this and that, right now im mainly wondering where the weakpoints are in the drivetrains at what power levels (200 whp, 250 whp, 300 whpp and up) i also would want it being through a manual, not an automatic, period. so definitely a better clutch and some sort of lsd. dont really care about the exact year i start with, as long as its a 3 pedal. ill get everything on the car fixed, up and running, and probably have a separate engine and trans to do the build with on the side. also, if the soul trans is known to have weakpoints at the 300 whp level and higher, what trans from another car or platform might be compatible with little modification ... ?

aiming for 300 wheel minimum, ... o, and its going to be supercharged, no turbos here, thats to easy and everyone goes that route.

gotta be different.

looking for any advice from peeps that have played with these cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
long time home style mek-tek, lookin for boost

ive been doing all my own work for over a decade on just about every platform available. my wife had a 2010 soul when i met her, and its just lacking in so many areas. i want to get a 5 speed soul to start with, color doesnt really matter, but preferably a lighter color. get everything working and fixed on the 5 speed while i build up a drivetrain on the side and have it ready to drop in. aiming for a MINIMUM of 300 wheel horsepower, not concerned about torque numbers, and it will be supercharged, not turbo charged. i know what the differences are and what im getting into, this is the way i want to do the build, as i dont really see many fwd cars supercharged period. i want to do something different, ... everything different. id like to hear from anyone playing the boost game with kia's, and where the weak points are at what power levels, the only stock parts ill be re-using in the engine will be the block, crank, crank caps/bed plate, head casting, and possibly the cams. find an lsd for the transmission, or find a transmission with lsd's available that will fit this project.

looking for any and all info that might help me out and save on some time and money costly mistakes.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
welcome, didn't now KFC had its own village (what state is that?) - won't have far to go for chicken :adoration:

Never heard of anyone doing what you propose, its the wrong vehicle to do things like that. Sorry, but I think that could turn out to be a very costly and disappointing proposition but its your vehicle and your time and money.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
With 300 bhp in a Soul, you'd have to replace the entire drive train, because the OEM parts would never stand that much Torque.
And, most likely the body where the motor mounts, wouldn't either.
There is NO Steel Frame in a Soul, like in the older Detroit Iron.

Like the man said, if you want a 300 bhp monster, use a different platform, the Kia Soul would be a Huge Mistake.

Enjoy it for what it is, an out of date, well worn, econobox, that should probably be traded off soon.

Have a great day!

:cool:

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,415 Posts
Like the Colonel said "son, just because you want to do it doesn't make it a good idea."

I'd go for a 9 piece crispy while rethinking this project.

All the best :)

Reactions: conwelpic

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
ive been doing all my own work for over a decade on just about every platform available. my wife had a 2010 soul when i met her, and its just lacking in so many areas. i want to get a 5 speed soul to start with, color doesnt really matter, but preferably a lighter color. get everything working and fixed on the 5 speed while i build up a drivetrain on the side and have it ready to drop in. aiming for a MINIMUM of 300 wheel horsepower, not concerned about torque numbers, and it will be supercharged, not turbo charged. i know what the differences are and what im getting into, this is the way i want to do the build, as i dont really see many fwd cars supercharged period. i want to do something different, ... everything different. id like to hear from anyone playing the boost game with kia's, and where the weak points are at what power levels, the only stock parts ill be re-using in the engine will be the block, crank, crank caps/bed plate, head casting, and possibly the cams. find an lsd for the transmission, or find a transmission with lsd's available that will fit this project.

looking for any and all info that might help me out and save on some time and money costly mistakes.
If you want to save time, money, and not make costly mistakes, con-sine this hair-brain scheme to the round file.

Pat.

Reactions: FLHamster
1 - 10 of 10 Posts