Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Soul
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all just picked me up a 2015 soul last Tuesday . So far my only gripe is the factory sound system. Love my little soul.

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
692 Posts
Hey y’all just picked me up a 2015 soul last Tuesday . So far my only gripe is the factory sound system. Love my little soul.

Welcome Dallaslebeau1979!

To get the most out of these forums take a moment to read through the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), page if you haven't already done so.

Also be sure to fill out your Signature with the year/trim/mileage/add-ons of your Soul along with your location. (you can use my signature as an example) This will help us to immediately know some basic information about your car that you won't need to repeat–plus you can add a photo to show off your ride. 😁

Enjoy your stay!

—Kerig

·
Registered
692 Posts
So far my only gripe is the factory sound system.
How do you play your music? When playing from my phone over Bluetooth I use an equalizer app on my phone which really helps fine tune the output. The radio controls are restricted to the standard treble, bass, and fade, but it also greatly depends on the radio station—some just sound better than others. Just yesterday I was playing with the radio and my wife's favorite station comes in clearly and sounded perfectly fine to me. Although I'm an old man and I don't play my car radio at concert-like decibel levels. 😉

·
Registered
2015 Kia Soul
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you play your music? When playing from my phone over Bluetooth I use an equalizer app on my phone which really helps fine tune the output. The radio controls are restricted to the standard treble, bass, and fade, but it also greatly depends on the radio station—some just sound better than others. Just yesterday I was playing with the radio and my wife's favorite station comes in clearly and sounded perfectly fine to me. Although I'm an old man and I don't play my car radio at concert-like decibel levels. 😉
I just like some decent bass as treble hurts my old ears lol

·
Registered
692 Posts
I just like some decent bass as treble hurts my old ears lol
Have you adjusted those settings on the radio unit? They do make a difference for me. But if you want "booming" bass, unless your car included the sub-woofer upgrade option it'll be limited. Does yours have the sub-woofer? It'll be in that circular dish on the dashboard and (I believe) the circular indent in the cargo area on the passenger side.

You could always upgrade your radio. If you want to see what others have done over the years try an Advanced Search.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,045 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!!

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,215 Posts
Is there an equalizer setting in your 2015? I love base, but had to adjust it back on my 2014 I was impressed, but it was too much for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts