Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

New Soul PRE PICKUP Checklist ?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  conwelpic 
#1 ·
So I will be driving home w/ my new molten, base, manual 1.6 Soul in approx 40 hours. I would like to hear some of your input on any and all recommendations before I sign and drive it off the lot. Remember, NO Advice is the worst advice. Please state anything you may think of so I do it right and not take it home and say.. OH I WISH I HAD... thanks in advance

#4 · (Edited)
Getting a manual? I hope that you've got a real strong left leg!:laughonfloor
The Soul doesn't have a three or even a four speed MT. Eh?
You'll be pressing that clutch pedal a hundred times just going for groceries.

Drive before you sign!
Operate everything on the car. Heat, AC, Radio, Seat Position, the works.
Make sure Everything works before you ever take it off of the lot. Do a test drive and make sure it tracks straight and doesn't pull to one side. Listen carefully for any weird noises.

I did all that on my TEST Drive, and the poor little salesman was too terrified to even know what I was doing. :laughonfloor He was too busy, hanging on for dear life! :laughonfloor:laughonfloor:laughonfloor

The only thing I didn't test was the tire pressure or the torque on the lug nuts. The tire pressures were way too high and all over the place, and the lug nuts.......well, they were all there, but not torqued properly. I took care of all that stuff myself the next day. (I'm probably every bit as good a mechanic as any they have working at the dealership).

So if you don't own a tire pressure gauge and a Torque Wrench, you'd better make sure those things are checked at the dealership, before you drive out. Eh? Hit them up for a full tank of gas, while you're at it.
I got mine!

OH, and if you EVER get a Blowout or severe wheel damage from hitting something, you'll wish to God that you had a spare tire. I worked a deal with my Kia parts man and went away with a full size spare and steel wheel for $98 + tax.

Cheers mate, and Good Luck!
TM :cool:

Reactions: dmwagner
#7 ·
You'll be back!
And we'll be right here to help you with.....whatever.

Most importantly, don't baby it. The Kia 1.6L engine is a great little power plant. Very high tech!
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!! And make sure you get that first oil change at or about 3k miles.

Cheers mate!
TM :cool:

#8 · (Edited)
as was advice and arrive at the dealership early and take your time, also check it over very carefully for any marks or scratches, they are difficult to prove once you drive off the lot. If there is something not quite right then the service department may have time to adjust it. Make up a check list, just like doing a PDI and go over it in detail when you pick it up. My wife and I spent at least 30 minutes going over out vehicle before we paid the difference between by trade to the dealer.

And when you get home take the time to thoroughly read your owners manual, lots of good info in there and follow the recommended maintenance schedule. It is not necessary to get normal maintenance at a dealer if you don't want to, just make sure you have a record of what work as been done in the case of warranty a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.