Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2010 Kia Soul+ the other day and so far so good. I don't know anything about these Souls so I'm hoping to learn something from those who have owned them a while. I traded in my 2005 Chevy Colorado for this Soul. So glad I did too. Between having no a/c and crappy gas mileage was killing me. Now I have working a/c and I'm hoping good gas mileage.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,004 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!! How many miles and what engine? If it's a 2.0 the timing belt should be changed every 60k.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Howdy and welcome to the forums!! How many miles and what engine? If it's a 2.0 the timing belt should be changed every 60k.

It has 173k on it. I have no idea when the timing belt was changed or if it was ever changed. It is the 2.0L.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Timing belt and water pump kit could be needed if you don't know or can't find out when or if either were changed. I ended up paying ~$1,200 to have mine changed; shop placed a yellow "Gates belt replaced/mileage/date" sticker atop the air cleaner box to indicate it was completed.

Greg

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,004 Posts
It has 173k on it. I have no idea when the timing belt was changed or if it was ever changed. It is the 2.0L.
That would be my first priority that and all the drive belts & water pump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Timing belt and water pump kit could be needed if you don't know or can't find out when or if either were changed. I ended up paying ~$1,200 to have mine changed; shop placed a yellow "Gates belt replaced/mileage/date" sticker atop the air cleaner box to indicate it was completed.

Greg
Yikes,$1200 is way above what I can pay. Guess I'm going to have to learn how to do it myself.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,004 Posts
Yikes,$1200 is way above what I can pay. Guess I'm going to have to learn how to do it myself.
They had a "belt package" that included all the drive belts and the timing belt for $500 when mine was changed a few years ago. I'm setting at 101K on my 2.0.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts