Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I love my new black 2010 Soul... but not the seats
pick up a pair of nice seats from salvage yard from somethin u do like. that wouldnt be too hard for the fronts at least.

what seats do you have. you could prob sell them if they are not the plain black ones.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Really I am very impressed with my base+ seats! They are so easy to clean. They are great for the hot sweaty season and the rain! The only thing I miss from my 94 Acura seats is the electronic seat controls. I don't miss leather. I am very impressed at the seats compared to the other non-leather options on other makes. The fabric is very sturdy and is gonna stand up and not stain as easily.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I hated my leather seats in my silhouette van. So hot in the summer time especially since the air conditioner broke 4 years ago and my driver side window stopped going down 2 years ago.

Now I have them on craigslist hoping someone else will buy them off me. cash for clunkers didn't need my leather seats to make the deal!

By the way welcome to the forums.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
Wecome from out of Holland.
Hope that you find quick new seats.
Know for sure that the forum will help you.

Regards,

Crazy Dutchman RelenaRelena

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you want an inexpensive fix, you could get padded seat covers that add some extra style and comfort without installing entirely new seats.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hello and welcome!

You will find you are not alone in the 'not loving the seats' dept ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have to agree with the poster. I love my Soul, however the seats suck. I'm finding the fibers are not woven small so items like lint, dog hair, anything really gets hung up in them. I'm considering seat covers, however I do love the Soul writing on them. The seats themselves are very comfortable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Deal-Breaker

We found the seats so uncomfortable that we ended up buying a Honda Fit instead. I'll look into the Soul again in a year, when we need to replace our other car, but if the seats haven't changed neither will my decision.

·
Registered
473 Posts
It took some adjusting, but so did the whole vehical after having an Oldmobile Intrigue for 5 years. I like the seats though, and soooo easy to clean up, which is wonderful when you have a one year old! :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
So... what characteristic about the seats is it that the OP did not like?

Upholstery: Can be changed, but as cloth goes it's not too bad, sturdy and easy to clean.

Contouring/support: Also can be changed preyty easily. Any decent auto upholstery shop can remove the covers, add/subtract padding, and essentially make a "bespoke" pair of seats (yep, just like "Ish" at West Coast Customs... only perhaps more realistic.)

Adjustability: I do wish there were an adjustment for bottom seat cushion angle (I like the angle more "up in the front" than my wife, but it's hear car). One way to "adjust" is to unbolt the seats and insert a washer or two under the front mounts - being ABSOLUTELY SURE that the seat bolts are long enough. I did this in my Mini and it turned the seating from "pretty good" to "great". For me. I'm NOT adjusting my wife's Soul+ seats, that's HER car!

Especially for the price point, the seats are really pretty good. Firm, but not "hard", and they mold pretty well to my nether regions. No, they're not Recaros, but this is a $15k base-cost car, not a Porsche. Putting out a couple buckaroos to have the seats "done" might be a good investment.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Holy cow!, you just bought the Soul and now you dont like the seats. Maybe your too picky......

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I have to snicker at the fact that a post a year old is being resurrected and people think it is from today ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have to snicker at the fact that a post a year old is being resurrected and people think it is from today ;)

By a guy who felt so strongly about it he signed up and only posted this one comment. :eek:

·
Registered
518 Posts
...that a post a year old is being resurrected and people think it is from today ...
If it's still a relevant point, it's still open for discussion, right? ;-)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts