Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi fellow Soul'sters

Hot off the presses;- new 'Echo' original launched today in UK;- features are very tasty and are as follows;
White or Black with contrasting bonnet / roof stripes, mirrors, alloys, bluetooth , parking sensors and...wait for it...black leather interior!!

Sounds tasty; can't wait to see them in the flesh. Will be available for September delivery. :cool:

P.S. Also now available is Shaker in Chocolate Shake metallic as well as the original Vanilla with the 2011 spec of bluetooth, upgraded high def rear camera, upgraded Cee'd type door handles plus colour coded bumper panels...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Contrasting bonnet? wont that make it look like a Brighton Taxi !!!, just for those who dont know, Official Taxies in Brighton, and I think in some other towns in the UK, all have the same colour or color bonnet / hood, which is different to the car colour or color, its quite hard being bilingual with the same language :D

Tony

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Contrasting bonnet? wont that make it look like a Brighton Taxi !!!, just for those who dont know, Official Taxies in Brighton, and I think in some other towns in the UK, all have the same colour or color bonnet / hood, which is different to the car colour or color, its quite hard being bilingual with the same language :D

Tony
D'OH!:p

Contrasting bonnet STRIPES - so Echo white has black striping,...and guess what? the black version gets...white stripes! I'll be adding pics very soon...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
where might one see a photo ?
View attachment 2825

Now on order and coming to Shrewsbury Shropshire UK pretty soon ;)

As soon as I have time to source more pics I will load them in; think I prefer the white with black wheels as opposed to the black with white wheels. Both have high grade black leather interior. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
D'OH!:p

Contrasting bonnet STRIPES - so Echo white has black striping,...and guess what? the black version gets...white stripes! I'll be adding pics very soon...
Well thats put me right!!! thanks for that, I must read the posts when not so tired, it all makes sense now. Still think I would choose the tempest though.

Tony

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
so its just a stripe then!!.....thought you meant contrasting bonnet bulge or something cool like that!!!.

Going off at a tangent.....anybody got a pic of that striped up Kia Soul police car???.......i imagine that would make a great crime deterent!!!......imagine the embarrassment of being arrested and carted of in that......the big rough tough persona flushed right down the toilet!!...lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
so its just a stripe then!!.....thought you meant contrasting bonnet bulge or something cool like that!!!.

Going off at a tangent.....anybody got a pic of that striped up Kia Soul police car???.......i imagine that would make a great crime deterent!!!......imagine the embarrassment of being arrested and carted of in that......the big rough tough persona flushed right down the toilet!!...lol
Here you go TemPest ! :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is it only available with the 1.6 "litre" engine ? :confused: :

(http://www.autoebid.com/buy-new-cars/KIA/SOUL/1.6-Echo-5d/48256.asp
Yep - we get the 1.6 petrol or 1.6 CRDi diesel engine in these parts, but the diesel will happily 'respond' to some serious tuning / re-mapping - I regularly meet a guy with a Burner which pushes out 190bhp! ( Er tread very carefully regarding your 7 year warranty though)

Your link shows a white Soul '1' of course;- When I get time I will post more 'Echo' pics :cool:

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
here is the black version with white wheels.......not sure on the wheels!....love the interior tho....:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
i refuse to accept that the leather will be high quality until i see it with my own eyes :rolleyes:
i am not trying to put anyones new car down here but i have yet to see any good leather come out of Korea / Japan / China etc

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Saw the echo in the dealers...... nice car......no reversing camera but reversing sensors......car looked great apart from a badly applied stripe on the rear door.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
But the cars on the forecourt do......its just an old pre-launch pic. New chrome handles did look good too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts