Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a text from my neighbor, who is a KIA salesman. This photo was attached.

The color on my phone looks like other pics I've seen on line but on my computer screen it has more of a green cast. None the less, I think I'm really going to like this shade of yellow. Unfortunately, my check book does not. :(

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Just got a text from my neighbor, who is a KIA salesman. This photo was attached.

The color on my phone looks like other pics I've seen on line but on my computer screen it has more of a green cast. None the less, I think I'm really going to like this shade of yellow. Unfortunately, my check book does not. :(
Anyone want to buy a 08 Mazda3 and/or a 95Miata???

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Just saw a Yellow plus model on the road , the yellow looked different to me in person than in the pics .

Coming up on it , it looked gold

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Just saw a Yellow plus model on the road , the yellow looked different to me in person than in the pics . Coming up on it it looked gold
There is the thread from a "new member here in Texas", just bought a Solar Plus. He is promising pictures.

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Rub a dub dub, the hamsters are now driving a bathtub. :D
As the hedgehog slept noisily in bed at two PM, the car crept silently into the bedroom. Then with a mighty roar of her engine she leapt into the air over the bed spraying the sleeping figure with a mixture of engine oil and transmission fluid mixed with road grime and sand. "There, that ought to shut him up", she thought :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to see the Solar (Exclaim) in person today. It is not a bright Corvette yellow but a bit darker and what I would call a mustard yellow. Frankly, I LOVED it. I'm not sure how I would do with it long term but it sure is pretty and I think classy. The doors thunked, the seats felt great and I had no problem with the headrest. In retrospect, I believe the salesperson several weeks ago at a different dealership didn't know what they were talking about and the headrest I tried at that point was in the full forward position. Also saw another Kale green. Sorry, but it looks a bit dull to me. Still haven't seen the Alien2 or the Latte in person.

I continue to be impressed with the 2014.

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
I went to see the Solar (Exclaim) in person today. It is not a bright Corvette yellow but a bit darker and what I would call a mustard yellow. Frankly, I LOVED it. I'm not sure how I would do with it long term but it sure is pretty and I think classy. The doors thunked, the seats felt great and I had no problem with the headrest. In retrospect, I believe the salesperson several weeks ago at a different dealership didn't know what they were talking about and the headrest I tried at that point was in the full forward position. Also saw another Kale green. Sorry, but it looks a bit dull to me. Still haven't seen the Alien2 or the Latte in person. I continue to be impressed with the 2014.
Thank you for that update, good impressions always help. With that, Hey everyone refer to post #2 of this thread. :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
By the way, as I was looking at the Solar I noticed some fabric around the sun roof opening? There were other people standing around the car and salesman were closing in on me so I didn't stay to figure out what I was looking at. However I "think" I was seeing mesh fabric that extends across the sun roof opening to cut down on the wind noise. Might this be a new feature or something Kia has always had that I'm not aware of?

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
By the way, as I was looking at the Solar I noticed some fabric around the sun roof opening? There were other people standing around the car and salesman were closing in on me so I didn't stay to figure out what I was looking at. However I "think" I was seeing mesh fabric that extends across the sun roof opening to cut down on the wind noise. Might this be a new feature or something Kia has always had that I'm not aware of?
it might be something related to the panoramic sunroof which is brand new for 2014. There is nothing like that on prior models, just a regular sunshade that matches the sunroof liner.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The factory Kia site refers to a "power sun shade". I wonder if this might be a fabric screen type of thing?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hawker- Yes, there is an electronic sun screen that scrolls to the rear of the panoramic roof. It is a cloth versus fabric over plastic like the current Soul sun roof shade.

I was worried that it would droop over time, but the one I saw in operation and in person shows that the sides have something to keep the sun shade tight. It was pretty cool. One of the 2014 Soul Review Videos showed it in action. I just can't seem to locate the correct one.

It is one solid piece that runs the whole roof like the Sorrento. The Cadenza has something similar, but the sun screen scrolls into a center bar that crosses the center of the roof.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info on the screen. I thought I had seem all the of the '14 Soul video reviews but maybe not...as I don't remember seeing anything like this.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Is it like the MINI pano roofs, that is with an actual screen not unlike the ones in your house to keep bugs out that you can close while it's open?

·
Registered
10 Posts
We purchased the 2014 Solar Yellow Kia Soul Exclaim last weekend. What a great car, yes it took a few minutes to adjust to the yellow but we have had so many comments (good) about it. The Soul is loaded with all kinds of great features. Thanks to Fairfield Kia in Keene NH!!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats on the Solar KiaMike. I was at the dealer yesterday and they had just gotten their second one in. Some Yellows I like and some shades I don't. I have to say that I think Kia nailed it with this shade. It is what I would call mustard yellow...sort of a grey poupon shade with some black in it as opposed to a bright daisy yellow. Not sure if I'd buy it, but I do enjoy looking at it.

I also saw a yellow Lamborghini this past weekend...that one worked for me as well. :)

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
We purchased the 2014 Solar Yellow Kia Soul Exclaim last weekend. What a great car, yes it took a few minutes to adjust to the yellow but we have had so many comments (good) about it. The Soul is loaded with all kinds of great features. Thanks to Fairfield Kia in Keene NH!!!
congrats, did you get any packages with that model?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts