Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2018 Kia Soul ! Turbo
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Soul got new shoes today, Continental DWS06+. The improvement in traction and ride quality over the original Nexens is impressive. I'm going to miss the hilarious tire squealing that was possible with the previous bald tires but at the same time, actual traction now, so...

That's our Focus ST in the pic also. They make a fun pair. It makes me laugh that the Focus ST guys often fuss about how "upright" and "too understated" the Focus is, when it looks like a freaking Firebird next to the Soul.

· Registered
452 Posts
New Soul got new shoes today, Continental DWS06+. The improvement in traction and ride quality over the original Nexens is impressive. I'm going to miss the hilarious tire squealing that was possible with the previous bald tires but at the same time, actual traction now, so...

That's our Focus ST in the pic also. They make a fun pair. It makes me laugh that the Focus ST guys often fuss about how "upright" and "too understated" the Focus is, when it looks like a freaking Firebird next to the Soul.

Glad to hear that. Continental has a $70 Visa card offer right now via TireRack or my local tire dealer. I was hesitating on replacing the Nexans because they only have 25,000 on them but after reading your post maybe I'll just do them. Had them on my Mustang GT with a V8 and they worked super well.

· Registered
2018 Kia Soul ! Turbo
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to hear that. Continental has a $70 Visa card offer right now via TireRack or my local tire dealer. I was hesitating on replacing the Nexans because they only have 25,000 on them but after reading your post maybe I'll just do them. Had them on my Mustang GT with a V8 and they worked super well.
Yeah, they have the same $70 rebate with Discount Tire, which is where we got them (plus another 5% off for using our DT card and 9 months free financing). Our 2018 still had the original Nexans on with 42k miles on them and they were pretty slick. I could pull some silly fun though - just stomping the gas would do a burnout forever and they'd spin again going from 1st to 2nd. By comparison the Contis barely chirp, just stick and take off. Given how long our Nexans lasted, though, it sounds like you could probably get another 10k out of yours if you wanted to stretch them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts