Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not quite a Soul owner yet... I'm about to take the plunge! I've been looking around for a new car for about 3 weeks, and have narrowed my choices down to the Soul. Probably going to be the Plus or Exclaim as my wife hates driving stickshift. I keep telling her that she can learn, but after 5 years of me driving my Jeep Wrangler around, she only drove it 2 times.

So far, I know that I want the automatic and the enhanced sound system. (not especialy for the speaker lights, just because I like loud music and the fact that I'm partialy deaf from driving a Jeep for 5 years) and If I happen to have to buy one with a sunroof, I guess that wouldn't be too bad either.

The question I have at this point is... Is there anyone that has bought a Soul that are extremely unhappy their purchased? Please share the details of that one!

Brad

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Welcome from the Florida panhandle. Don't let other people discourage you. Only you can really determine if you like the car. I for one am a great believer in this car. Have had mine for over 19 months, 25,000 miles and no problems at all. Yes you can have new car problems, but that is a risk you take with any vehicle. Best of wishes and go with your heart.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I'm pretty much sold on the Soul, I'm 6'5" tall and have a son that is 10 years old and 5' tall, so my major criteria was to sit in the drivers seat and adjust it for me... then get out and sit in the back seat without moving the drivers seat. There was only a handful of cars out there that would alow that. The soul beat everyone of them for room and crash test results and the great features behind the wheel. So hopefuly in a week or 2 you will see the new pics of my new soul... The only question left is... WHAT COLOR???? I'm so torn between certain colors... Shadow... Platinum... Bright silver.... I'm Sooo confused!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! That turned out to be a pretty heated discussion! It will make for an interesting talk with the sales manager at the Kia Dealership! So I would say that about 90% of them are happy and 10% are irate! And the 10% that are irate could probably solve their issues by going to another dealership or contacting a higher power to rectify the situation. I had a 87 Cavalier Z24 for my first car that I almost turned in for the lemon law. In the first year, they had the car more than I did. But after a nice talk with the service manager and the owner of the dealership (after the sales manager referred to me comming in as "Here comes trouble") we all got along great!

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
The Soul is a good car. It does most things well and few things badly. Just dont expect a limousine ride and great fuel consumption.... other than that is pretty damn good.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Welcome from Ohio :)

As stated before, Go with your heart and of course your wallet. ;)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Welcome!

I wouldn't discount the experiences of posters in the "Do you regret" thread, because I know all of them (except Meaty) see some serious issues. But keep in mind that people who are not happy with a purchase are more likely to tell others about it than people who are satisfied. And don't forget that Kia has addressed some of the problems people have mentioned -- thin paint, easy-to-scratch interiors (though that does not always help the early adopters).

Consider other sources. If you're a fan of Consumer Reports, check if they show a frequency of repair for the Soul. The reliability ratings site TrueDelta shows the Soul has a low incidence of problems, with the 2010s/2011s being less problematic than the 2009 models.

All in all, the Soul is a good vehicle (well, as good as can be judged only a couple of years into its model cycle) as long as one's expectations about a lower-priced car are kept in check.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
Welcome to the forums from out of Holland. I like the Soul.
A car from a feeling inside. Our Soul we bought for ourselves. We immediately found him beautiful. You can always have the bad luck that you buy the wrong one. But you also have that opportunity with a Ferrari.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts