Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Molten 4U yesterday but won't have delivery until Thursday. I thought I should join a forum to help me get the most out of my "Soul Experience".

I have had a Smart Car for more than 3 years now, and I started thinking about a new car a couple of months ago. My inlaws are coming to visit this summer and I wanted to be able to drive more than one of them at a time. Plus it was getting time to buy something new, anyway. My husband has a Dodge 3/4 tin truck that we use for hauling a fifth wheel. I could take them around in it, but I HATE driving it. It is like driving something 3 Smart Cars long. :)

At first, I thought I wanted a Nissan Cube, but the more I looked at the Kia Soul, the more sure I became that it was a better choice for me. I like the funkier look of the Cube, but I found the Soul to be more nicely appointed. And after 3 years with a glass roof over my head, I liked the idea of the sunroof on the Soul.

So here I am!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congratulations on your new Soul - enjoy! I've driven a Smart Car, and it's quite a change!

I've generally been very pleased with both of my Soul purchases (one for the son after college, one for myself/shared with my father). There are always things you might want to see different, but for the cost and the fun, it's a great deal!

Look forward to seeing you around the group!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you

Thank you, Soultime. I hope I can get to Oregon in my Sould this summer. They say it is lovely on the coast.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the welcome, AhmIowa. One of my best friends lives in CLinton, IA., Is that anywhere near your town?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you, Buzz. I hope I will like it. I just hope I can park it.

After driving a Smart Car for so long, it may be a challenge manoevering a larger car into the tight parking spots at work. My spot is against a wall, so I have to back in and that blind spot on the rear passenger side is worrying me. I wanted the back up camera, but I hated the black wheels that came with it. I thought it made no sense to pay for wheels and side panels that I didn't really like, just to get the camera.

How do you cope with the blind spot? Has it been a problem for you?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the welcome, RelenaRelena. Is your Soul a diesel? I wish they were available in diesel here in Canada. I have driven diesel cars for 10 years. But there is not much available in diesel here now, unless you want a truck.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
Thank you for the welcome, RelenaRelena. Is your Soul a diesel? I wish they were available in diesel here in Canada. I have driven diesel cars for 10 years. But there is not much available in diesel here now, unless you want a truck.
No it is a gasoline engine Jollywa.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Brought my 4U home tonight

I took delivery of my Soul tonight. I only drove it 52 km, but so far I love it. Quite a change from the Smart Car, to be sure. I notice that I need to rely on my mirrors more in the Soul than in the Smart. (The Smart had tiny mirrors and I got used to doing shoulder checks before every lane change. That blind spot in the back of the Soul renders a right shoulder check pretty much useless.)

My Soul is a red 4U - or is that "Molten"? I didn't take much of the after market stuff, but after reading some of the complaints and observations on this forum I opted for the paint protection and the 3M treatment on the hood, fenders and mirrors. I hope it helps prolong the life of the paint job.

I am leaving for 2 weeks in China for work in the AM. I likely won't be able to respond real quick, because I suspect that this forum will be censored just like blogs and social networking sites are. But I will check in when I can.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts