Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks,

I owned a 2011 Toyota Rav 4 and my ex-wife backed into it... twice. Yeah don't get me started. Anyways I got it fixed and the dealer gave me a rental for the 3 days it was in the shop. You guessed it. They gave me a 2015 Kia Soul. I instantly fell in love with it!

So that was about a month ago and my local Kia dealer gave me a lot for my Toyota so I ended up splurging and getting a white 2015 Soul Exclaim with the whole shebang. It's such a pleasure to drive. I've attached a photo of my car as it is today.

I saw some great photos online that have inspired me to make some modifications. This one mostly: http://www.kia-world.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Kia-Soul-White-Color.jpg I really like the black wheel wells and black roofline. Looks like KIA offers this in Europe as the SUV package: http://www.kia-world.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Soul-2014-Red-Color.jpg

After much googling and lurking on this site the last week I am going to replicate this look using black vinyl versus paint. I found a place that will:

1. Tint my front windows matching the back windows.
2. Add black glossy vinyl to the entire roof replicating the look in the above photos.
3. Add black glossy vinyl to all 4 wheel wells replicating the look in the above photos.
4. Add black glossy vinyl to all 4 door handles and gas cap cover.

I also purchased a tinted bug shield for the hood and black mudflaps. That should about do it. I'll post photos of it when I am done with. The detailing appointment is on 9/11 so please be patient.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums! :applause:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Kia Soul forum and ownership.
Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Jeff

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah right? haha. I should actually thank her for backing into my previous car otherwise I would not have the Soul today. Go figure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally got the vinyl added and took photos. I am so happy with the look. Its identical to the European version with the SUV package. The vinyl to the roof, door handles, wheel wells, gas cover and front window tinting + installation of bug guard (I already bought the guard via amazon for $80) cost me $920 altogether. I thought that was a great deal.

20150918_083208.jpg

20150918_083226.jpg

20150918_083242.jpg

20150918_083305.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts