Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a 2012 kia soul 2.0L, i am wanting to put on a magnaflow muffler and high flow catalytic converter...

My question is.... Can someone tell me what the exhaust pipe diameter is???

I know the stock muffler is about 24" and is more "tubular"

Can someone tell me what kind of inlet/ outlet size i will need... (inlet size for fitting is going too be much more impotant than outlet for me)

I guess its a weird question, i do not have the tool to measure the piping and I am in northern MI and we have snow/ice/cold temps, so its kinda a pain to get underneather the car outdoors with no jack. Pep boys/ autozone/ orielys have no info on the 2012's and have noy been helpful...

Thanks in advance for any help

Kevin

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I'm pretty sure it is 2.25. I did a Cat back system on mine and the guy just used a universal Magnaflow and tucked it up sideways out of sight. I had a small oval tip added and cut just a little of the rear bumper. Also remove the resonator if you want more direct flow and sound.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Let me just tell you .... I previously owned a 2010 2.0 , and replaced the muffler with a magnaflow , it had a nice tone .... not too loud .... I traded my 2010 for a 2012 Exclaim w/2.0 .... I had the same magnaflow muffler put on the 2012 .... much louder than the 2010 .... Reason ( well a couple ) The 2010 & 11s had the 2.0 Beta II engine which had a front mounted exhaust manifold that had TWO Cat.converters and resonator and muffler .... The 2012's have the all new 2.0 "NU" engine which has the exhaust coming off the REAR of the engine and is more like a header than an exhaust manifold , ONE converter instead of two , a resonator and mufffler ....The Converter on the 2012's should flow enough , I don't think it warrants being replaced .... I would do JUST the muffler first , and if you want more noise after that .... pull off the resonator .... Here are some pics of the manifold and such on the 2012

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, the older souls seem to be quiet abit different... I will take your advice and go with the muffler first... By itself... I loke the idea behide the high flow cat. But personally could careless about getting more noise, actually Id rather not have any more noise. Do you remember if the inlet was 2.25 as stated above??? Thank you very much for the info/pics to both of you..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again for the input and the pics look great... if you get around to figuring out what the tubing size is please let me know... 2.25 does sound about right... I noticed you said the manifolds are more like headers... I saw a place that sells headers for the 2.0 2012 for $250.00... do you feel I wont see much of a diff. in performance if I take the stock manifold off and put these headers on? thank you

Kevin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like I sparked your interest?!?? Type in 2012 kia soul header on ebay, I think its called OBX, looks like doug thorleys..?.. I think its $250.00....

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
^^ The reason I asked was because , I was surprised to see a header out so soon for the 2012 .... If this is what you were talking about OBX Exhaust Header Manifold 2010-12 KIA SOUL 2.0L 10+12 Long Tube Headers | eBay This won't work on a 2012 .... this is for the old BETA 2.0 , unfortunately there are companys out there ( especially ebay ) that show stuff for 2010's and 11's fitting a 2012 and they won't

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok great, now I can feel confident buying a muffler.. That is a bummer that it wont fit. I will contact them to make sure that they change the years for the header. Please keep me (us) in mind for any other mods... I caught the modding/ HP gain fever.... I have run out of ideas other then a turbo... Lol but that wont be happening with a warrenty on the car, so far i have a ssd warm air intake, ssd strut bar, and swithed over to mobil 1

Thanks
Kevin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts