Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
I think you need to chill out and mod the car for your own needs, uses and approval - not what everybody else thinks. I love the black bonnet bulge too....is it paint or vinyl?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I like what you got going on. This is your car and you need to be happy. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I remove the tint cover, is less the visibility ,33% less, no matter if you install HID

View attachment 2758

View attachment 2759

View attachment 2760
Hello Transformer Soul,
I was thinking about adding the flat black to the hood like you have done, and now that I've seen your pictures I am 100% sold. I think it looks great. Did you get it custom done, or is there a pre-sized kit available? My nephew does car wraps, and he said he could do this for me for free. I was just wondering the best way to get the overall shape.

The other 2 things I want to do are:
- Get rid of that chrome ring in the upper grill. It's just me, but I don't think it belongs there on this car. Any thoughts on how to remove it? I'm thinking having my nephew wrap it with black vinyl might be the easiest.
- Change the plain KIA emblem out for something less normal. Not sure where I can find new emblems though.

Anyway, your ride looks great. I love this car in the Red. We considered it, but decided since I tend to get lazy about washing our cars that the Platinum would be more practical.

Thanks for any input you may have.

Cheers! :D

Bonzo

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Hello Transformer Soul,
I was thinking about adding the flat black to the hood like you have done, and now that I've seen your pictures I am 100% sold. I think it looks great. Did you get it custom done, or is there a pre-sized kit available? My nephew does car wraps, and he said he could do this for me for free. I was just wondering the best way to get the overall shape.

The other 2 things I want to do are:
- Get rid of that chrome ring in the upper grill. It's just me, but I don't think it belongs there on this car. Any thoughts on how to remove it? I'm thinking having my nephew wrap it with black vinyl might be the easiest.
- Change the plain KIA emblem out for something less normal. Not sure where I can find new emblems though.

Anyway, your ride looks great. I love this car in the Red. We considered it, but decided since I tend to get lazy about washing our cars that the Platinum would be more practical.

Thanks for any input you may have.

Cheers! :D

Bonzo
wrapping the chrome on the grill would be the easiest way of getting rid of it and the easiest method to return it to standard too. The grill itself is only held on with a few screws.....but apparently you have to take the front bumper off to reach them!!!.....so wrapping it in situ would be the way forward if thats possible.

·
Registered
590 Posts
wrapping the chrome on the grill would be the easiest way of getting rid of it and the easiest method to return it to standard too. The grill itself is only held on with a few screws.....but apparently you have to take the front bumper off to reach them!!!.....so wrapping it in situ would be the way forward if thats possible.
Gotta love those sort of designs that make you take out the engine to change the oil. On my wife's Pontiac Solstice, you have to lift the car, remove the wheel, and take the entire wheel well and brackets etc apart, just to change the battery. :eek:

Thanks for the info. You saved me some time investigating how to remove it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts