Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We seem to be getting quite a lot of new members over the last couple of months, but I've noticed an ongoing trend - the location is missing (it used to be always shown), is this no longer a requirement to sign-in? Has this happened since you changed to Google?

Filling in your location (it is a worldwide forum and vehicles are not the same from country to country) and what you drive (it is after all a car forum and that's what we talk about) should be mandatory to join the forum, it makes things so much easier for all members in responding to peoples comments and questions when you can see this info. It also saves the new members repeating the same info over and over again and also a lot of repeat questions from existing members to keep asking for these details.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think it varies depending on whether people are accessing the mobile site. Though I know I should use the desktop site, I tend to forget to do the extra click to request it. All that drive info/location isn’t visible to me when I use my iPhone UNLESS I specifically request the desktop site.

Knowing that I was supposed to input that info when I registered, I really had to search for it the place to input it. There might be lots of folks accessing the site using iPhones. (Not sure if an android phone has the same issue.)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Actually, to clarify, I can see location (California, Minnesota, etc) but none of the drive info (year, model) on the mobile site.

·
Administrator
843 Posts
Some app's like TT bypass that requirement if its setup on a site. Also, the new registration system we put in place removed the requirements we had on other sites (similar to these, location, ect) due to how it operates. They are looking to adding it back in the future but has been moved due to more pressing issues.

Members can always change the information in their User CP > Edit Details, but for now there is no ability to force it during registration.

- Jb

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am a new member and did not have to provide any of that information to register. I did go back in and change my information adding car information, location, and avatar. If you have no experience with this type of forum a new member wouldn't even know about that information. Also, as a note to the administrator, I think it is difficult to find the rules of this forum.

Maybe a tab on the page when we join? Another member clued me in to use the search capability.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts