Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this in the New Member section too:

2018! loaded (Harman Kardon, panoramic sunroof, sport pedals, heated everything).

Car sat for a while and battery went bad. Tried to jump, no go. Replaced battery, all good, car starts. Stereo/Audio system does not turn on. No power at all. Everything else in the car works. No fuses in the fuse blocks blown.

Is there an inline fuse somewhere that may have blown? Did I blow up the head unit?

I searched, and there's lots for older 2017 and below, but not much for this upgraded stereo/nav unit.

At the very least, is there a how-to to remove the head unit? I can troubleshoot from there.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,870 Posts
I put this in the New Member section too:

2018! loaded (Harman Kardon, panoramic sunroof, sport pedals, heated everything).

Car sat for a while and battery went bad. Tried to jump, no go. Replaced battery, all good, car starts. Stereo/Audio system does not turn on. No power at all. Everything else in the car works. No fuses in the fuse blocks blown.

Is there an inline fuse somewhere that may have blown? Did I blow up the head unit?

I searched, and there's lots for older 2017 and below, but not much for this upgraded stereo/nav unit.

At the very least, is there a how-to to remove the head unit? I can troubleshoot from there.

Thanks in advance!
Have you had problems with the head unit in the past dan? Also, is there a "reset" tiny hole somewhere in the fascia of the unit?

I would at least try to find the fuse, even though it may look good, and swap it out with another and see if it works (you know, shot in the dark!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you had problems with the head unit in the past dan? Also, is there a "reset" tiny hole somewhere in the fascia of the unit?

I would at least try to find the fuse, even though it may look good, and swap it out with another and see if it works (you know, shot in the dark!)
No problems prior to this. In fact, the battery was dead, got jumped, and everything worked....sat for about another year, and then battery was dead and bad. Got it jumped enough to move, then sat for a month, tried to jump again, and nothing. Replaced battery, and now audio/screen/nav won't even turn on. I think there's a fuse somewhere, or I blew the head unit in one the many jump attempts.

I'll try the "reset" thing, but not holding out hope. I kinda fished around the bezel to see how it could come off, and don't see an obvious way without pry tools. I'd just like a little guidance instead of me stabbing tools around the dash!

Tried a few fuses that seemed related, and they were all GOOD fuses. Replaced them anyway, just in case, still no go.

I'll look for a breakaway drawing of the dash, and see what I can come up with.

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
824 Posts
...I'll look for a breakaway drawing of the dash, and see what I can come up with.
There is an online resource for the service manual. Not always 100% accurate - may be slight differences between model years or in some cases may not have to do every one of the listed steps (thus saving time & effort) to get to the same result.

Kia Soul 2014-2019 PS Service Manual / Body Electrical System / AVN System

Kia Soul 2014-2019 PS Service Manual / Body Electrical System / AVN System / AVN Head Unit Removal

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, update, or not. I tried the reset button, and nothing. Didn't expect anything, so no biggie!

That being said, in another thread, someone mentioned that a fuse under the hood might be the culprit, but EVERYTHING on the dash is working, including the lights on the audio system buttons. Just no screen. No audio.

I'm still going to check more fuses and let y'all know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts