Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Buzz 
#1 ·
Just purchased a used 2015 Soul Base M/T model rather cheaply. It is replacing a 5 speed Saturn SW2 that was fully loaded, and I'm trying get the same quality of usage in an economical car.

Plan on adding
  • Cruise Control
  • Keyless Entry
  • Console Upgrade
  • Backup camera and Nav (?)
  • Roof rack

I'm looking for advice on how to do the last four items using OEM parts, if possible.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Welcome!

The OEM roof rack should be easy, you can find the parts online or at a dealer. However, that's side rails, I got an aftermarket rack because I wanted crossbars instead. (You can find aftermarket crossbars that will mate with the rails though.) No idea on the other things, though replacing the radio and adding the backup cam should be possible, if maybe expensive (maybe junkyard parts?). If it was me, I'd look at a Chinese backup cam & screen (or GPS with AV-in for the screen), from eBay or aliexpress, that could be under $100. 3X that will get you a Garmin. I'm thinking about doing that. But those wouldn't have the clean built-in look.

#5 ·
I've got an old Q-tower system from Yakima. Seems like Gen2 doesn't support the Q-tower Yakima solution, so I'll have to look elsewhere.

I really like the removable roof rack concept -- cuts down on the wind noise considerably.

So far, I haven't been able to determine from the forums:

• Different wiring harness based on level
  • Different BCM modules based on trim level
  • Whether the OEM head units are fully interchangable, or are tied to the VIN
  • If one can put OEM keyless entry in (nobody seems to have succeeded; my dealer quoted 899, so I know it is possible)

Also, it seems that one can't really reply to forum posts until one has posted 10 times, so I'm hoping an admin will bump me up.

#6 ·
Also, it seems that one can't really reply to forum posts until one has posted 10 times, so I'm hoping an admin will bump me up.
Sorry those restrictions were put in effect recently due to an influx of SPAM , hope you understand!

Reactions: conwelpic
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.