Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Soul Turbo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone!
Glad to join and be part of this community. I currently own a 2022 Kia Soul Turbo in Snow White. I’ve wanted a Soul since I was little watching the commercials with the hamsters with my mom lol.

I grew up with Camaros, Trans ams and a couple Mopars I owned. I went to school for automotive and worked as a tech for a about 8 years before I decided I liked working on my own stuff for fun better than turning wrenches to pay the bills.
I daily drive my Turbo now but would love to modify it a little to play with. I’m having a hard time finding parts :-( Any advice or tips is greatly appreciated!

Current things done are just a K & N drop in filter, the all important 1.6L HAMI stickers and a Veloster “Turbo” badge so people know it’s a turbo since it’s NOWHERE on the car lol.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Soul+ 2.0l automatic in Clear White
237 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The Soul is not a car known for performance mods. There are some things you can find if you search the forum. ECU programmers and I know AEM and K&N make a cold air intake. I like a bigger blow-off for the sound. A custom exhaust is a good idea. Getting the factory turbo was the best move. A lot of folks like me trying to turbo our 2.0s.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Soul Turbo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. The Soul is not a car known for performance mods. There are some things you can find if you search the forum. ECU programmers and I know AEM and K&N make a cold air intake. I like a bigger blow-off for the sound. A custom exhaust is a good idea. Getting the factory turbo was the best move. A lot of folks like me trying to turbo our 2.0s.
Thank you! Any suggestions on where to buy a programmer or Exhaust? I’ve seen a few sites either are out of stock of items or they don’t mention 2022 Souls. Don’t wanna buy something then later find out they changed something and not it won’t fit.
Good luck with Turboing your 2.0 I’m sure it will be quite the build.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Soul ! Turbo
3 Posts
Welcome! I'm new too, we just bought our Turbo last week, though ours is a 2018 model. Also we're in NC, in Winston. It's funny you mention the tuning because yeah, there is barely any sort of performance community around the Turbo, at least compared to the sheer avalanche of stuff you can get for our other car, our Focus ST. I guess it's just that most people see the Soul as a cute trucklet and not a hot hatch. I think it's a surprisingly good performer though. It's hilarious to me that it outperforms most of the V8 musclecars of the late 70's/early 80's when I was a teen.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Soul Turbo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! I'm new too, we just bought our Turbo last week, though ours is a 2018 model. Also we're in NC, in Winston. It's funny you mention the tuning because yeah, there is barely any sort of performance community around the Turbo, at least compared to the sheer avalanche of stuff you can get for our other car, our Focus ST. I guess it's just that most people see the Soul as a cute trucklet and not a hot hatch. I think it's a surprisingly good performer though. It's hilarious to me that it outperforms most of the V8 musclecars of the late 70's/early 80's when I was a teen.
Thank you! Agree I wish there was more support. I mean numbers wise stock for stock it’s up there with a new Civic SI. Can’t help but wanna have fun with it though nothing crazy just enough to shock a person or two lol. If you find anything cool let me know! I’ve been looking at Sxth stuff a little. Not a whole lot but still pretty cool.

·
Registered
2021 1.6 Turbo Pearl White
27 Posts
Thank you! Agree I wish there was more support. I mean numbers wise stock for stock it’s up there with a new Civic SI. Can’t help but wanna have fun with it though nothing crazy just enough to shock a person or two lol. If you find anything cool let me know! I’ve been looking at Sxth stuff a little. Not a whole lot but still pretty cool.
I owned a Nissan Juke before our Soul turbo. The Juke also had a 1.6l turbocharged motor and I easily found all kinds of performance mods for the Juke. I am somewhat surprised at how few the choices for the Soul have been. Maybe just a result of our current economic situation?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts