Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new Soul owner, and newish to the forum.
We'd sold our minivan when our girls went away to school, but missed the elevated seating position so shopped around for a more economical vehicle with room for four and that commanding view of the road. Ultimately, it was rear-seat legroom that sold the Soul; most cars in which we conducted a "test sit" did not have enough room for me to drive with anyone sitting behind me; more rear legroom in the Soul than in Kia's two larger SUVs!
Nearing 3000 miles on the clock, and the only thing I really wish for is better ride quality. Our other car is a MINI with "sport suspension plus", i.e. extra loud and rough, so can't complain too much about the Soul.
Gas mileage is excellent, averaging 27mpg, it's easy to park, reasonably fun to drive, so we're very happy.
Do have a question about traction control, so will try to figure out my problem in starting threads in other folders.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
welcome, yes till you do a few posts then there is restrictions so be patient, we've had a lot of problems with spam on this site not long ago - like many things, just a few create problems and mess it up for the majority.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Last year we suffered an unending series of spam attacks. To help curve this, procedures were implemented that changed the open to anyone door to a more restricted moderated acceptance of new members approach. If you notice that your first post has a "moderated" note on it and recorded a "zero" in your post tally. Only the mods can see that post and it must be approved (really just a filter to ensure the folks coming on board are "real" and not a line of code to spam us). Sometimes it takes me awhile to catch all the new folks and ergo the limit on posting. Sorry, I run as hard as I can; don't want folks hanging.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,595 Posts
Welcome Ricky from the "Wet" Coast. Great to have you join us.

I'm curious what the runner up small SUVs were that you looked at. In 2014 when I bought mine, the CX-5 came in 2nd. There wasn't many contenders with a manual transmission available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We sat in the CX-3, and it has no more interior room than my Cooper; the front seat is all but touching the rear seat.
I really wanted the Mazda 3 hatch, it seems to be one of the most universally liked affordable cars on the market, the seating position was awesome . . . but the front seat all but touched the back seat.
The CX-5 had enough room for four serious adults, maybe five, but we decided we didn't need such a large vehicle. It was actually our original target vehicle, and we were comparing the size, room, price, etc., of everything else to it.
The only other car we drove was a Subaru Crosstrek, but didn't like the 30k price, and it's not much taller than the conventional cars we had looked at (Kia Optima, Subaru Legacy, Ford Fusion).

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Pat.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,118 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome Ricky from the "Wet" Coast. Great to have you join us.

I'm curious what the runner up small SUVs were that you looked at. In 2014 when I bought mine, the CX

I posted a detailed reply, last week, but I'm apparently still not approved to post . . . yet?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your message says that new members should read a thread called Hidden Content, but when I click on it I am restricted until I make 10 posts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts