Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new member here. I just inhereted a 2013 exclaim and am looking to personalize it a little bit. I really want one of those SSD lightbars like in the attached picture, but when I reached out to SSD, they informed me that they are no longer making them. Anybody have one laying around I could purchase? Ive attached a picture of my car below as well.

Attachments

Registered
2020 Soul GT Line Turbo, Neptune Blue
I had asked them a couple weeks back about them and they stated that the bars interfered with the newer years' models front radar so they weren't making them anymore.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
There is still a market for the earlier models though. At least they could make to order since all the design files already exist. I鈥檒l keep my fingers crossed that something comes up.

I鈥檓 in the honeymoon stage with this car right now and that lightbar is about the only thing I鈥檇 change to be satisfied long term. I love the look of the car as is. I inherited the car so really had not spent any time looking at them before it fell in my lap.

Registered
Hey everyone, new member here. I just inhereted a 2013 exclaim and am looking to personalize it a little bit. I really want one of those SSD lightbars like in the attached picture, but when I reached out to SSD, they informed me that they are no longer making them. Anybody have one laying around I could purchase? Ive attached a picture of my car below as well.

light bars n front of the bumper cover are a theft magnet, and block airflow

if you really want to be custom/sneaky, put it inside the cabin at the top of the windshield where your tint strip would normally be....

no aero dynamic loss, tons of light up high, and it's not a theft magnet

Registered
Ill take the theft and airflow risk lol and hell no to the LED unibrow.
There's no aftermarket for these cars. Look how many posts and posters are left in the Generation 1 forum. Hardly any. They aren't making those any more because no one will buy them. The Soul is a cool car but it's a toss-away car for most people. Just the fact that you're here means you're probably not most people, but don't mistake the fact that there's a forum still here for any kind of critical mass of people out there that give a crap about Gen 1 any more :D

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I get that, but many generations of vw and subaru could also be considered throw away cars and there is tons of aftermarket support even going back 20+ years. I think the difference is the soul is marketed towards the non auto enthusiast type that just wants a 鈥渃ute鈥 commuter.
The G1 body is really the only soul that appeals to me as it has a quircky and almost unpractical flavor by comparison to the newer versions. Which is probably why I like it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I live in the country and work from home.
Sounds like you need to stop pissing people off or get out da city.馃槈

Registered
I don't mount accessories on the outside of my vehicles. it's just something I learned after returning from baseball games and seeing people standing next to their cars, waiting for the police to arrive, and their light bar/wheels/winches/etc were gone. thieves and thugs are pretty sorry.

I try not be noticed at all, let alone ever piss anyone off.... but you're right I can't wait to sell and move to the country

Registered
I get that, but many generations of vw and subaru could also be considered throw away cars and there is tons of aftermarket support even going back 20+ years. I think the difference is the soul is marketed towards the non auto enthusiast type that just wants a 鈥渃ute鈥 commuter.
The G1 body is really the only soul that appeals to me as it has a quircky and almost unpractical flavor by comparison to the newer versions. Which is probably why I like it.
That's exactly right. The Soul appeals to cheap bastards like me who wanted a new, inexpensive econobox commuter to get me to and from work for a number of years reliably, with good gas mileage and reasonable low/no repairs. So far the Soul has worked out swimmingly for me under those conditions as I have not been back to the dealer for anything other than maintenance that I don't feel like doing myself anymore and my fuel reimbursement. 8 years on this car, 160k miles and still runs good. Burns oil - I'm sure that's the GDI because I changed my PCV with no improvement - but other than that I have no complaints whatsoever.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts