Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
So my 32.7 even in best case is basically the worst case here? What am I doing wrong?
Nothing wrong. Good gas mileage. In Virginia last year they added a $25.00 road use tax on tags if you have a vehicle that gets good gas mileage. Sucks. I complained about it. Got a crap email, vehicles that get good mileage aren't paying enough road use tax. I think someone who pays 70 or 80 thousand dollars for a gas guzzling pos can afford to pay more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So my 32.7 even in best case is basically the worst case here? What am I doing wrong?

That’s good mileage even at 32.7. Your car is new enough so it’s not a clogged air filter. If you get gas at a particular station it may have “Enhanced gas” that has ethanol which could decrease mileage by 2 miles per gallon. Other than that I have no answers. I am going to check my mileage ”manually” to see if it agrees with the dash readout.

·
Registered
569 Posts
That’s really not bad. My overall mpg is about 33 mpg. It’s mostly local driving with about 25% at highway speed. I do keep my tires at 36 psi on advice of my sister-in-law’s late Father-in-law how was a tire engineer/consultant to the tire industry in Akron Ohio.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,450 Posts
  • Wow
Reactions: rajesh2708

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thank you. I think it is the best trim as well. There’s about 500 pages in 4 booklets of Owners Instructions. It’s more of a computer on 4 wheels than a car. Hope I can figure out all of the features before the vehicle wears out.
Try the site below for the online user manual I also use besides the paper. It will open to the 2020 Soul but you can search for your 2022.
KIA SOUL 2020 AUTOMOBILE OWNER'S MANUAL | ManualsLib
Also are you aware you can either have the Kia Dealer download and install map updates, or you can order them from Kia below at a price, or you can download them yourself for free? The latest update was just released at the end of April.
Kia Mapcare | Customer Login (mapnsoft.com)
Lastly, use TopTier Gasoline in it which has detergent that keeps the valves clean. You can find a list of stations selling it at the following site. The owner manual recommends Top Tier.
TOP TIER™ Gasoline Brands (toptiergas.com)
And if you have any concerns like future recalls, lack of satisfaction at the dealer, call Kia Consumer Affairs – 1-800-333-4KIA (4542).
ENJOY!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Finally calculated gas mileage per gallon. Using Shell gas it was 37.9 miles per gallon. That’s close to the average between the high 42 and low 36 readings from the car dash. It is 25 degrees warmer now so that would help the mpg. Tires were at 33 psi and a live load of 230 pounds. All driving here is on country roads with maximum speeds of 60 mph. I don’t think we seen an end to gas price increases. But for now I’m content with the mileage results.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Soul X-Line Gray
51 Posts
Thank you. I think it is the best trim as well. There’s about 500 pages in 4 booklets of Owners Instructions. It’s more of a computer on 4 wheels than a car. Hope I can figure out all of the features before the vehicle wears out.
Enjoy your Soul. I agree with all the booklets, i bought a 22' Soul XLine and there is so much technology in my car that i thought it could fly 😂 This is a great forum, i really enjoy being here. Welcome. Here's mine.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Cloud

·
Registered
2022 LX with Tech Package
50 Posts
Finally calculated gas mileage per gallon. Using Shell gas it was 37.9 miles per gallon. That’s close to the average between the high 42 and low 36 readings from the car dash. It is 25 degrees warmer now so that would help the mpg. Tires were at 33 psi and a live load of 230 pounds. All driving here is on country roads with maximum speeds of 60 mph. I don’t think we seen an end to gas price increases. But for now I’m content with the mileage results.
Your mpgs are out of this world. Can you tell me again what exact model you have and what was the promised mpg on the sticker when you bough it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Enjoy your Soul. I agree with all the booklets, i bought a 22' Soul XLine and there is so much technology in my car that i thought it could fly 😂 This is a great forum, i really enjoy being here. Welcome. Here's mine. View attachment 139531
View attachment 139530
Your mpgs are out of this world. Can you tell me again what exact model you have and what was the promised mpg on the sticker when you bough it?
[/QUOTE)
2022EX with MPI ENGINE. STICKER 29 city and 35 hwy. 31 combined. My driving is 90% highway usually 45 to 60 mph rural roads.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Enjoy your Soul. I agree with all the booklets, i bought a 22' Soul XLine and there is so much technology in my car that i thought it could fly 😂 This is a great forum, i really enjoy being here. Welcome. Here's mine. View attachment 139531
View attachment 139530
Welcome to the forum, especially with that gorgeous Kia. I’ve seen one in your color in my area and was very impressed with it's looks.. Regarding the electronics I've decided to just learn what I use realizing it will take longer than a lifetime to learn it all. It’s like my iPad. There’s probably 80% more to learn on it but I know enough to enjoy it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
2022EX with MPI ENGINE. STICKER 29 city and 35 hwy. 31 combined. My driving is 90% highway usually 45 to 60 mph rural roads.
I had the opportunity to drive a maybe 10 miles at 40 mph in my 2020 Soul EX and for a good amount of distance was able to achieve over 45 mpg. Note that at every incline I disabled cruise and feathered the throttle. Going downhill was when it really was efficient.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I had the opportunity to drive a maybe 10 miles at 40 mph in my 2020 Soul EX and for a good amount of distance was able to achieve over 45 mpg. Note that at every incline I disabled cruise and feathered the throttle. Going downhill was when it really was efficient.
Congratulations, you are the winner of this mileage discussion. You may have just described a driving technique for all of us since gas prices keep increasing. Too bad Kia discontinued their stick drive models which could easily coast downhill and with the stop go feature even shut the engine off.

·
Registered
2022 LX with Tech Package
50 Posts
So you're getting almost 38 against promised 35. That's incredible. On my LX, the sticker numbers are 28/33. I mostly get 31/32 combined and have only beaten it once when I saw 33.8 on the dash for a 150 mile trip.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts