2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,460 Posts
Looks FANTASTIC Rikia. Congratulations!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks FANTASTIC Rikia. Congratulations!
Thank you. Not many Kias in this part of the country. I have to get used to other cars on the road crawling up on my rear end to figure out what make it is. The car is stylish with enough head and leg room to fit my 6’ - 7” frame and thankfully, nowadays, it gets 36 to 41 miles per gallon.

·
Registered
2022 LX with Tech Package
50 Posts
Thank you. Not many Kias in this part of the country. I have to get used to other cars on the road crawling up on my rear end to figure out what make it is. The car is stylish with enough head and leg room to fit my 6’ - 7” frame and thankfully, nowadays, it gets 36 to 41 miles per gallon.
36 to 41 miles per gallon? I get about what is promised on my LX trim (29-33) and the best I have seen is 32.7 on highway.

Am I doing something wrong?

Side note: I see a lot of Soul's down in South (Louisiana)

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
Yeah, I've noticed that too. There's a certain crowd, especially big PU trucks & electrified folks who like to hate on Souls via tailgating. I just laugh in their general direction.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
36 to 41 miles per gallon? I get about what is promised on my LX trim (29-33) and the best I have seen is 32.7 on highway.

S

I’m surprised as well as pleased with the mpg's. Where I live there is only one stoplight within a 40 mile radius and not many hills. I’m tempted to check the gas mileage the old fashioned way, rather than the dash readout, with two fill ups and noting miles driven between. I keep the tires at 33 pounds pressure and the only passenger is an 18 pound dog.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,254 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[

Frequently Asked Questions | Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners
[/QUOTE]
Howdy and welcome to the forums!! Nice looking Soul and enjoy the sunroof. That's one of my favorite features on my 2010 Exclaim that I use every change I get.

Frequently Asked Questions | Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners
Appreciate your compliment. Sunroof is useful since I can see traffic lights without lowering my head down to the seat to look up at the light.
Howdy and welcome to the forums!! Nice looking Soul and enjoy the sunroof. That's one of my favorite features on my 2010 Exclaim that I use every change I get.

Appreciate the compliment. Sunroofs do add a degree of adventure to the drive and for me it is easier to see the the traffic lights. Sunroofs provided a nice exhaust for my pipe smoke until the pipe bowel swiveled down on the stem and dumped hot coals on my lap..
Asked Questions | Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners
[/QUO

Attachments

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
S

I’m surprised as well as pleased with the mpg's. Where I live there is only one stoplight within a 40 mile radius and not many hills. I’m tempted to check the gas mileage the old fashioned way, rather than the dash readout, with two fill ups and noting miles driven between. I keep the tires at 33 pounds pressure and the only passenger is an 18 pound dog.
Let us know how the old fashioned (pen & paper) calculation comes out. My onboard computer routinely shows about 2 mpg more than real world. I wish there was a way to input the actual miles & gallons so HAL could adjust more to reality.

Reactions: Hammerhead

·
Registered
8,460 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Let us know how the old fashioned (pen & paper) calculation comes out. My onboard computer routinely shows about 2 mpg more than real world. I wish there was a way to input the actual miles & gallons so HAL could adjust more to reality.
Glad to oblige when the papers are signed for my gasoline mortgage.

·
Registered
571 Posts
re Gas mileage: J just completed a 250 mile round trip to visit my son in Northern Virginia. My indicated mpg on the dash said in got 38.5 mpg. My calculated mpg said it was 34.5 mpg. Either way I’m not complaining. I have read elsewhere, several years ago about the controversy over which is more accurate. Apparently different gas pumps have different auto shut off sensitivities and this can affect the manuAl calculation. supposedly the one in the car is more accurate because it’s based on actual gas flow. I don’t know. I’m happy with either figure.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts